Different Reasons to Drop Land in 3.0

Started by taekwondokid42, July 02, 2013, 10:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taekwondokid42

A question popped up in the help forum so I wanted to enumerate all of the reasons that I've dropped land.

1. Drop land at the end of the run to improve your defensive ratio and protect you from leader attacks. If you ran on a 20 leader/land ratio all game and aren't holding a ton of NW, this will really help to protect your warlord.
2. Drop land at the end of the run to 'lock' your land. If you can put up a decent defense, people won't want to attack you if you only have a moderate amount of land. But if you have a ton of land and a decent defense people will suffer through needing to keep a large army while they attack you. By the time they are done, lots of your army will have died, and you will be an easier target. Last round once I started dropping to 20-30k land every run and setting up a moderate defense, I almost never got attacked. It allowed me to keep all of my leaders every run, so I never had to make more leaders.
3. If you want to increase the land spread and make it harder for your opponents to gather lots of land. You get more land per attack if the person you are attacking has lots of land. But if you and the land farm have equal amounts of land, then whoever runs after you will have to spend about twice as many turns to get to the same amount of land, and they might need to keep an army for longer so it hurts them.
4. You want your clanmate to have access to the land. Your clanmantes can't attack you but they can attack the land farm. So you give the land to the land farm and now your clanmates can use all the land you made to accelerate themselves.

nateac

So I understand the part about having a clan mate attack you to get land... But how do you give land to the land farm? Maybe I've just missed that button

Ruddertail

Any time you drop land, it goes to the land farm.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

nateac

How do you drop land? Where is that option?

Ruddertail

It's an option under demolish buildings, which is an option under construct.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

idunno

Shoot

6. Drop land in the middle of your run to improve leader ratio against other players for offensive missions.

taekwondokid42

7. You want to drop land mid-run to reduce the amount of loyalty that spells cost