Clans?

Started by nateac, July 04, 2013, 03:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nateac

I get the advantage of being in a clan with multiple people (sharing troops/resources/defenses) but what is the advantage of being in a clan if its just one person?

Firetooth

Unlimited attacks on anybody in an enemy clans would be the main advantage.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ruddertail

You can also set other clans to "ally" to cut aid costs. Because having everybody in one clan can lock land away from teammates or require extensive coordination and land-dropping (and the land farm isn't always in a clan), having a team split between two clans can be the best of both worlds.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Shoot

Benefits of 1 man clan over solo play:
1) Unlimited attacks against clanned players (by war slotting)
2) 20% offense point bonus while attacking a war slotted clan.
3) No desertions against war slotted clans.

Drawback:
1) You can be war slotted for unlimited attacks as well, which means you could get crippled badly or killed as a result.

If doing a 1 man clan against a strong clan, it would be a good idea to stack weasels (best defense for the money) to make a kill run against you less attractive as standard attacks are forced on the last 500 acres of the kill which could save you or make the kill run considerably more costly for them.

taekwondokid42

Quote from: Shoot on July 04, 2013, 08:46:21 PM
2) 20% offense point bonus while attacking a war slotted clan.

Is this true?

Shoot

Yup, same as just about every version of promisance that has existed, though it's probably not common knowledge here (doesn't appear to be in the game guide).

if ($warflag)
        $uoffense *= 1.2;

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

taekwondokid42