Tweaks to the market

Started by Shadow, July 28, 2013, 09:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

I finally got enough motivation to teach myself some Ajax, so the market is now dynamic (make impressed noises even if you don't know what that means, it wasn't that easy ^_^). Behind the scenes there are no changes, but the UI will be much cleaner. It works like this:

You enter the max price you are willing to pay, and the market will automatically update itself to tell you how many troops are available at or below that price. You can then choose to buy what you like. It will prevent you from buying any units above the max price entered.

The default max price is the average price so far in the round, or the minimum price at which units are available, whichever is lower.

In addition, there will be a market summary table displaying total units available and min and max prices for each type instead of the long display that we had before.

Hope you like it, feedback is always welcome :)
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Shadow

any feedback on the new market interface? better or worse than when you are able to see the full list? Is the summary sufficient, or wold you like addition information in there? Do you like being limited by the max price field? Do you understand that the max price field is NOT the price you will be paying for the troops you buy?

Any bugs with the auto-update feature?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

taekwondokid42

Everything seems to be working well for me.

A graph would be nice, but probably very hard to code. The way it works now is good enough. I think much better than the crazy information overload from before.