Bluefish

Started by Sharktooth, August 11, 2013, 08:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharktooth

How did he get 4,000,000,000,000,000 net?! Is this a bug/glitch?

Peace Alliance

Four quadrillion, nine hundred ninety-two trillion, five hundred two billion, two hundred  million, four hundred eighty thousand networth.

Sharktooth

windhound

Glitch. 
Apparently I overlooked something in the attack code

You can see his full last run here - http://redwallwarlords.com/turbo/buttout/Bluefish(%2320)_11_08_2013_output.html
Relevant bit is:
Your Army is shamed by your attack on such a weak opponent. 7.9% desert!
After a failing struggle, your army is repelled by Land Farm (Free Land)'s defenses. In the attempt, you lost:
-1,250,529,970,757,828,608 Rats
In their defense, Land Farm (Free Land) lost:

It overflowed.

I reset Bluefish's rats, removed that absurd amount he had pending to the market, and nuked most of his cash.
Bluefish bought some mercs so he's got some decent troops, but I'll just leave as is.  He'll equalize in a couple days.

Edit:  Just to be clear, the bots run a slightly modified version of the attack code.
The normal version has all kinds of input verifications and double checking, I implemented some of that but not all.  Something happened just wrong to make this happen, I've got ~20 bots running on the test server and they've never done this afaik
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Sharktooth

"Out of Food, CAN'T FIX :( screw it, we're pwned" haha, lol

windhound

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

how could it overflow? the datatype is more than enough for typical rwl numbers, no? also failing on the landfarm... iuno. seems odd. I feel like there's something wierd here..
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

Not entirely sure. 
Overflow goes both ways though, you can go too high or too low.  This appears to have gone too low, like putting a car with the olde style odometer in reverse when it has 0 miles and suddenly it shows 99,999 miles.

At least the log makes it fairly plain what happened, I'll look it over later...  might be tuesday.  I very much doubt it'll happen again, but hey.  Who knows.

Shadow

I see the problem: he had negative health. must not check that enough health remains for the attack.

windhound

Ah, quite possible.
Prior to this they were limited to 5 attacks

Neat.  Will fix later unless you'd like to get it Shadow

Shadow

I am away from my machine atm, so I can't for a few days

Kilkenne

Bluefish managed to lose every rat ever born and every rat that will ever be born for the next few hundred million years.

The Obliterator

I dunno mabey every rat ever created on redwall might come somewhere close to that amount
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

taekwondokid42

A quadrillion is a lot.

If 100 massed 1 billion rats 50 runs every round, that's 5 trillion rats per round.

So if, for the entire history of redwall, redwall managed to average 1 billion rats per run with 100 people and 50 runs per round, we might be close to the Bluefish precedent.

The Obliterator

Ok so mabey not then......

Still it was a nice thought while it lasted
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better