Reg Market glitch

Started by Drakus, August 05, 2013, 09:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakus

I had some food on market for 17.5 hours. I put some on and 125 mil was in transit. I went to general's hut and feasted some food after enriching. I then went to market and put 1 billion food on. However, The 125 million and the food already on market were in transit, 3 hours remaining. THey were not in the sell interface. I went back to market and the 1 billion food was added to my current food. It said in transit 3 hrs remaining.
meow

Shadow

when you sell things at the same price, the market groups them into a single transaction. To avoid people using this to get goods to market instantly, it resets them to three hours transit. It's not the best system, but it's not a bug.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Drakus

But why did the food that already arrived become in transit? Makes little sense
meow

Shadow

When it combines the transactions into a single transaction, it either all needs to be on the market or all in transit. Just the way the database works.

If you priced the new shipment differently from the old one, it wouldn't do this.

I like the turbo market better - combining transactions is cosmetic only so you can avoid silly things like that.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..