Watch this please

Started by Krowdon, September 05, 2013, 06:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

There's a difference between me playing dumb and you acting superior. Sure, I dropped off before addressing every single argument y'all made, but throughout your arguments is a general assumption that somehow me and my school are incapable of even conceiving of what you do. Yes, I quote other academics when I argue (of course, and so I should, they're smarter than me), but those academics have spent tons of time working directly with, within, and alongside the scientific fields they critique.

Like it or not, my arguments don't come from a group of people who are actively ignorant.

Shadow

I don't think anything about my arguments indicated that I think you are incapable of understanding science, rather I actively tried to explain it to you. There is a difference between not understanding something and being unable to understand something, and I assumed throughout that you were in the first category. And while I'm sure that some of the people you are citing have done useful work, it's clear from the points you took away from them that you are misunderstanding them, because the arguments you derived from them were mostly nonsense. And of course a few of them were simply wrong as well, or at best woefully out of date.

In other words, stop taking everything as a personal attack and actually try to understand the content and then we will be able to get somewhere. I put a lot of thought and effort into my response to you, and if you read it as patronizing then it's in your head.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

QuoteThere's a difference between me playing dumb and you acting superior. Sure, I dropped off before addressing every single argument y'all made, but throughout your arguments is a general assumption that somehow me and my school are incapable of even conceiving of what you do. Yes, I quote other academics when I argue (of course, and so I should, they're smarter than me), but those academics have spent tons of time working directly with, within, and alongside the scientific fields they critique.

Peace, Shadow, and I for that matter, made every effort to get you to understand what scientists actually do and what science is actually about. I never assumed you were incapable of understanding it, rather your statements revealed quite clearly that you didn't understand it and I was trying to correct that.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

windhound

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Briar

At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Krowdon

Quote from: Briar on September 16, 2013, 10:57:07 PM
Krowdon.....I am so sorry.

It's okay. I think it is kind of funny and I didn't bother to read much of it.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Briar

I mean for posting things that had already been posted by other posters who posted posts.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?