Get rid of these retarded bots

Started by Sevz, September 06, 2013, 08:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

Bluefish and Redfish. I'm sick of them already. Why even put them in? Cos your game is so crappy that no one will play so you make simulated players?

They aren't good, they're a nuisance. They attack people down to extremely low landcounts (myself on 1050acres) then they attack the landfarm? Yeah your game is so poor in quality that bots are attacking other bots?

Right since this pathetic game was introduced it's gone downhill. Yes it's gotten worse than when it started and that's saying something.

All I can say is that everyone relocates to QMT until Shadow gets kicked off the administration board. Personally I plan to make use of all Shadows dodgy coding and destroy the n00bs.
Windy will come in and tell me to stop picking on n00bs at the same time he's defending the changes Shadows made. Redwall is retarded. The admins don't listen to the players and they don't learn for themselves which shows the level of progression we can expect.

Until you idiots change this game to something feasible i'm gonna do what shadow wants us all to do and destroy everyone in sight.

Rant over until after I run turns and destroy as many as possible
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Peace Alliance

I'm sorry to hear that Sevs. I suppose you'll be leaving?

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Raggon

Is it just me, or is that list missing a number 7?
I void warranties
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Shadow

windhound

Oh, I donno Sevz

All the problems with the bots can be fix'd.
Last round I increased the amount the bots can attack from 5x per horde to 21x (or until they're maxed).  They're just not competitive otherwise, as they couldn't scrape nearly as much land as all the other players.
Unfortunately I based some of my assumptions on that they were attacking only 5x; for instance in the attack target selector they're not supposed to pick anyone under 4k acres (or whatev), really I should have the check in the attack loop so they don't attack anyone to under 2.5k or so.

I also need to rework the target selector, currently its random when it should be based on total land.

As to
Quote from: Sevz on September 06, 2013, 08:57:22 PM
Why even put them in? Cos your game is so crappy that no one will play so you make simulated players?
The vast majority of games these days have NPC players.  I'm not sure what your point is.
Promi games _need_ players, a game server with 5 players isn't really worth playing.  The games aren't designed for that low a player base.  If I can prop up the playerbase with NPCs I'll do it.
We've had the RWL Promi games are dying discussion a few times, I don't feel like having it again.

Anyways, as you said, the bots really aren't that great atm.
But, that means that you're not all that great yourself if they're continually breaking you.
I read this as "I really suck at this game, some of the weakest players on the board are continually breaking me. Wah."

I'm more than happy to have a discussion about tweaking the bots, but whining and demanding they be taken out... just meh.

If again you're truly not happy here there are, apparently, other Promi games that are doing quite well (seriously? no, they're not).  Or, you know, a webhost costs as little as $60 a year, a domain name another $10.  For $70/yr you can make your own promi and run it exactly how you think it should be run.  Then you'll have hundreds of players and prove us all wrong.  If for whatever bizarre reason you like the RWL code base I'll even pull a dump of it for you.  Heck, if you're serious I'll even help you with setup.

Otherwise, please understand that while we appreciate all constructive feedback, not all your suggestions will be implemented and whining sure as heck doesn't do any good.
Cheers.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

Kilkenne

The post is distinctly anti-Shadow, but didn't window code the bots?

windhound

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

It was mostly windy, be mean to windy.

Sevz

Your bot just killed me completely due to a dodgy game

0.6 hours ago   Redfish (#5) attacked you!   Your enemy captured 251 Acres of Land and destroyed:
62 Weasels
You managed to destroy:
1,178 Weasels
0.6 hours ago   Redfish (#5) attacked you!   Your enemy captured 148 Acres of Land and destroyed:
You managed to destroy:
11 Weasels
0.6 hours ago   Redfish (#5) attacked you!   Your enemy captured 254 Acres of Land and destroyed:
You managed to destroy:
58 Weasels
0.6 hours ago   Redfish (#5) attacked you!   Your enemy captured 83 Acres of Land and destroyed:
You managed to destroy:
53 Weasels
0.6 hours ago   Redfish (#5) attacked you!   Your enemy captured 133 Acres of Land and destroyed:
You managed to destroy:
43 Weasels
0.6 hours ago   Redfish (#5) attacked you!   Your enemy captured 198 Acres of Land and destroyed:
You managed to destroy:
14 Weasels
0.6 hours ago   Redfish (#5) attacked you!   Your enemy captured 265 Acres of Land and destroyed:
You managed to destroy:
26 Weasels
0.6 hours ago   Redfish (#5) attacked you!   Your enemy captured 275 Acres of Land and destroyed:
You managed to destroy:
27 Weasels
0.6 hours ago   Redfish (#5) attacked you!   Your enemy captured 202 Acres of Land and destroyed:
You managed to destroy:
3 Weasels
0.6 hours ago   Redfish (#5) attacked you!   Your enemy captured 170 Acres of Land and destroyed:
You managed to destroy:
18 Weasels
0.6 hours ago   Redfish (#5) attacked you!   Your enemy captured 130 Acres of Land and destroyed:
You managed to destroy:
25 Weasels
0.6 hours ago   Redfish (#5) attacked you!   Your enemy captured 105 Acres of Land and destroyed:
You managed to destroy:
19 Weasels
0.6 hours ago   Redfish (#5) attacked you!   Your enemy captured 67 Acres of Land and destroyed:
You managed to destroy:
14 Weasels

DEAD

He didn't even need to standard attack. Poor quality
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

windhound

Huh.  How 'bout that.
The bots run the same attack code, just with some minor changes.
I never bothered to code standards under 500 for them because in theory they should never, ever attack anyone below 500 acres.

I checked your account earlier today (testing something) so I know roughly what you had.
Revive and I'll add some stuff back.
Or don't.

As to poor quality, /shrug.
The bots are what they are.  The game has occasional quirks, you've been here long enough to know that.
Other than this and the couple minor quirks mentioned previously the bots are actually pretty solid, this being a somewhat unfortunate exception.

Shadow

the issue is the land discrepency, wherein you can be "killed" while not being at like 1 land.

Half land theme is to blame, not the bots.

@windy, whenever you think about it, check for land discrepencies, the building auto-demo creates them regularly when people get attacked, even if it isn't an online.

Sevz

Your account has been revived. Your name is Victim of Beta Errors. You can begin playing

Kind of defeats the purpose since I was fox, cloaked 500times to blend in and sneak up

windhound

Er, well yes...  I knew that Sevz.  Was going to restore that as well, but since you revived as a rat...
Like I said, I checked your account.  I knew all.