Some new toys...

Started by Ungatt Trunn II, September 13, 2013, 06:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn II

A Bushmaster AR-15 and Smith&Wesson SD40 VE.

Are you upset, liberals?
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Kilkenne

look at that tactical laser you operator you

Ungatt Trunn II

I seriously didn't feel like adjusting the sights so I bought a rather expensive laser instead. Also it has a flashlight which is actually the primary component. Useful for when I murder innocents in at night with my semi fully auto concealable extended clip armor piercing high velocity death machine.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Krowdon

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Firetooth

The government won't catch you napping when they decide to democide you all.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Firetooth

I'm never sure whether to laugh or cry when people who harp on about how they need guns for self-defence post pictures of themselves posing with their "toys" on their gun forums.

I forget, of course, that you need an assault rifle to shoot coyotes. Or maybe liberals, lol.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ungatt Trunn II

I need it because it's an effective and efficient design which is easy to use and has a huge market of products you can add to the platform. The ammo is also quite cheap and easy to come by, relatively speaking. Limited to any older style of rifle, say for example a lever action or bolt action, there would be significant delay in the shots, very few mods available (depending on the model) and the ergonomics of such designs are shall we say dated. Also ammo for such weapons is often larger and therefor more expensive or rare. However even small rimfire .22 ammo is getting hard to find.

I'm not sure what you're going on about. The most this gun has shot so far is a target. And that was just to zero in the scope. And that's all it will ever be used to shoot unless I decide to hunt with it, or another individual (or collective) of my species forces my hand. I guess aliens too.

In short, what's your beef?
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Firetooth

None of those are reasons why you "need" it, they're reasons as to why it's well designed. Nowhere there did you say what the purpose of owning your gun is. Shooting targets doesn't count, I'm pretty sure you could survive and have a high quality life without visiting a shooting range/shooting targets. Us brits manage, we could teach you our secrets.  ;)

Anyway, I'm just trying to prod you.  :P I don't think we'll ever see eye-to-eye on this due to our different cultures tbh, though I stand by my point about the gun forum thing. You gun-owners should at least that part of the reason you own guns is because you think they're awesome and such, instead of always arguing you need them for various reasons.

Ungatt Trunn II

It's a form of insurance, preparedness, food procurement and defense at its most basic level. A tool that makes all these things quite a bit easier than say, spears. As badass as it would be to go spear hunting I simply do not have time to hone my spear chucking skills in today's fast paced society.

Beyond that, a hobby. Something to have an interest in. Something that others also have an interest in. Perhaps my only link left to the human race aside from my DNA?

I need it because I believe I need it and made the decision to have it. It's as simple as that. It makes me feel safer and happier and fills a desire. No one else is being harmed. You would have to have very warped logic to find fault with any of that.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Briar

Yea...good luck finding ammo.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Ungatt Trunn II

It's actually not too hard to come by. It's just a bit pricey. About 50 cents a round.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Firetooth

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on September 14, 2013, 01:33:20 PM
It's a form of insurance, preparedness, food procurement and defense at its most basic level. A tool that makes all these things quite a bit easier than say, spears. As badass as it would be to go spear hunting I simply do not have time to hone my spear chucking skills in today's fast paced society.

Beyond that, a hobby. Something to have an interest in. Something that others also have an interest in. Perhaps my only link left to the human race aside from my DNA?

I need it because I believe I need it and made the decision to have it. It's as simple as that. It makes me feel safer and happier and fills a desire. No one else is being harmed. You would have to have very warped logic to find fault with any of that.
"Food-precurement."

Most people go to the shops. :P

And please do not tell me you need an assault rifle for hunting. Surely you're not that bad a shot?

Ungatt Trunn II

Such things are immaterial. This rifle fills more than one role by its very design thus freeing up some of my budget which would have otherwise been spent on different guns/ammo/supplies. Do I "need" all the bullets to hunt? I do not know. I cannot predict the future, and neither can you.

So what if most people go to the store? That processed and genetically modified clone food isn't all that great anyhow. I have an alternative and therefor I shall exploit it.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Firetooth

You're splitting hairs. While I cannot predict the future, that doesn't mean I have 500 tins of beans and an axe stored somewhere in case the world ends tomorrow. It's unlikely you'll ever need that weapon for hunting.

As for its other roles, such weapons are not appropriate in the hands of civilians for either recreation or defence. A gun is not a toy for playing with, and cases such as Oscar Pistorious should highlight just how dangerous the idea of defending your home with a gun is. At least if you club somebody around the head with a golf club, they'll live.

Ungatt Trunn II

Actually, since my only alternative centerfire weapon for hunting is an old 1942 Russian rifle, it's pretty much needed. But this is honestly just a preference. It doesn't really matter if you think I need it or not, as I've pointed out earlier. Because I believe I do. And still no one is being harmed, you're just too completely biased against guns to realize that they're tools and nothing more.

If the government has it, so should I. They are not benevolent. As for defense against criminals, I will not become the victim because of the whims of others that believe they know what's best for me. I will not become the victim because liberals care more about the criminals. If some druggie is raiding homes and burning them down with children inside, I'd much rather blow their brains all over the wall then sit down and have a talk to find out they're a repeat offender that has a criminal record a mile long. I will not allow these people to run rampant and harm my family, friends, property or myself.

It is my duty to rise up against my leaders should they ever deviate from the constitution, and it would be dangerous to be unprepared to take such measures. If you honestly believe such things would never be necessary, you're delusional to the point of hilarity. Our government is so corrupt now that I cannot trust a word they say. I took an oath when I joined the military to uphold the constitution, as did many others. And I can tell you that should the government continue on the path it is currently set on, they will not have the support of the soldiers. Because the soldiers are ordinary people too.

How the hell is the idea of defending my home with a gun dangerous? How brainwashed do you have to get to believe that? Is it not more dangerous be unprepared for malicious criminals (with guns)? I've had to call the police before, and it took them 45 minutes to respond. That's not their fault either, I simply live in a very rural area. A lot can happen in 45 minutes. There's also a meth problem here, and pretty much any other rural area in the country I'd say. I don't have to tell you how volatile a situation can become when meth becomes a factor.

To not be adequately armed puts your life in the hands of some other individual, most often a criminal. I shall not be told when, how, or if I can defend myself. It won't happen. And I'll say right now that no amount of laws will ever change that. And from what I've heard from the people I hang around with, that's a pretty common mindset. The government should fear the people, and criminals should fear walking the streets at night. This is how a truly just society works. We are not children to be told that we are not responsible enough to own firearms. That's a laughable concept anyhow, given the grievous atrocities committed by government, police, and military entities. Do you want those people to have free reign? I'd hope not. I don't, that's why I'm armed. They have no accountability anymore. They have failed to accommodate the people they were meant to serve, and now they are making repeated attempts to disarm us. A very sad state of affairs.

Written from a hotel room on my phone. Wow.
DIE HIPPIE DIE