i am uiblis ama

Started by Uiblis, November 02, 2013, 08:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uiblis

HI EVERYONE

bored, dropping in, also earlys for college apps DONE! mit plz y u no use common app

AMA
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Uiblis

applied mathematics

i might go into engineering though.

Shadow

Cool. I did a math minor, pure math definitely wasn't for me. Math is a tool, I can't imagine doing it for the sake of math itself. I guess applied math and engineering should have a fair bit of overlap though. I recommend the latter if you want a real job at some point.

Shadow

Uiblis

Math is fun, but yea, I can't really see myself going into research or something like that. Engineering is also fun but somewhat more rage-inducing than just pure math.

Realistically I'll probably change my major once I go to wherever I'm going, but I'll definitely stick to math/science

MIT is pretty much a shot in the dark, but hey, who knows.

Drakus

meow

Sharktooth

Shadow

Quote from: Uiblis on November 02, 2013, 09:22:24 PM
Engineering is also fun but somewhat more rage-inducing than just pure math.
I found exactly the opposite - I did a pure math work term and several science-based ones, pure math induced by far the most rage consistently. It's probably got a lot to do with the subject you are studying at the time, but I found that in the frustration:success ratio is much higher in pure math. Because when you're doing science, you can sometimes just hit it with a wrench and it starts working. Not so much with math.

Durza

Engineering lets you see very real life uses of the math you learn
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts