Marketing

Started by Vulpes Jarr, March 25, 2014, 08:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulpes Jarr

I don't have any problems with the game right now, it's going pretty good, but there is a problem. There's not many active players. People in protection are in the top ten! So I have been trying to think of ways to increase the marketing and stuff. Just like, updating the Facebook page, and everybody just encourage your friends to join. ( I have a lot of friends who have read Redwall but are not on.) We could all have black T-shirts that say REDWALL WARLORDS on them. Just little things like that. Don't worry, I'm still thinking of ideas.

iman361

that would be a cool tee shirt
dragon ARE real

Vulpes Jarr

Yah I know. Make your own kinda thing.

Wolf Snare

Believe me I've tried to inspire a new member campaign; no one here seemed interested at all. No one really cared the game was dying either.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Vulpes Jarr

What? This is a great game, and I'd hate to see it go.

Shadow

As usual with these threads, I encourage you go pursue advertising as you can. Blood Wake used to put RWL bookmarks in redwall books at his local library. Stuff like that.

Online advertising costs money, though. Shael will run the faceobok ad any time someone donates (you can donate to her paypal if you like).

By all means come up with ideas. Just keep in mind who will be paying for them ^_^.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

iman361

i think i just got at lest 3 more guys interested :P :P :P oh and how to i get the bookmarks?
dragon ARE real

Vulpes Jarr

Make em. (I'm guessing)

iman361

ok you make them and i'll put them in the books
dragon ARE real

Krowdon

Someone made a RWL bookmark, I have it saved to my computer I'll see if I can dig it up later. It's from an old thread.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

iman361

dragon ARE real

Vulpes Jarr

iman361

its like the 2nd one down
dragon ARE real

windhound

Ah...  my bookmark link is apparently long gone.  Had it hosted on a local server, those files are toast.

If there's interest I'll make a new version

But yeah, the idea was to print 'em out (heavier cardstock is nice, but normal copypaper is fine) then stick them in the Redwall series books at the library. 
Non-obtrusively.  You know how you occasionally find a library book with a random bookmark in it?  Like that.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Vulpes Jarr

Me and iman have been telling like everybody we know.