So I just did this

Started by windhound, April 21, 2014, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

Seriously.  This 'game.'
I'm going to have to go back with a better ship and pick them up, the return part of the craft was destroyed when I ran out of fuel to slow down the final decent.  But.  They made it!
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

going to buy it when steam sale happens
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

Watch the tutorials on youtube.  You may sit down and see that they're 30-40 min long and say "frig it, I'll just wing it."  But this will not work unless you already have a primer in orbital mechanics.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ungatt Trunn II

wat are you doing man you ruined my perfect 1 page sticky darn it all to hell
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Wordsarecool

Quote from: windhound on April 21, 2014, 10:45:28 PM

Seriously.  This 'game.'
I'm going to have to go back with a better ship and pick them up, the return part of the craft was destroyed when I ran out of fuel to slow down the final decent.  But.  They made it!

In real life I'm pretty sure they would run out of supplies before rescue could be arranged.

windhound

I'm an admin I do what I want

Ungatt Trunn II

sure just go around destroying the hard work of others. I have feelings too, not many though thank god and thank this drink too.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

windhound

I wouldn't be surprised if they added breathable air as a resource in the future
But for now it is nice not to have to worry about it

windhound

Ungatt Trunn II

Peh?
heP
Hep
hepatitis

Victory is mine do you submit or must I further embarrass you
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Durza

Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Ungatt Trunn II

DIE HIPPIE DIE

windhound

^ Basically.

And thanks Durza

But yeah, just to clarify, its worth spending an hour or two poking around the game in free-build.  Play with the parts, figure out staging, blow up spectacularly on the launch pad, etc.
KSP just isn't very forgiving if you have no idea what to do once you get to space, and trying to power directly to a destination doesn't work all that great as everything is in motion.

It is fun though.  My little brother picked it up recently and poked me to take another look at it.  Had written it off previously as an absurdly frustrating experience, but once you get that the whole game is about orbits it simplifies down a bit. 
(Part of the problem is the in-game tutorials, some are decent but some assume a bit much from the player)

Blobfish

I AM THE HERO SPA 101 DESERVES
Worship the mighty Blobfish

Quote from: Blobfish on May 01, 2011, 12:04:37 PM
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.59

Rights are for the weak.