Real
2 (33.3%)
Fake
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Vulpes Jarr

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=491tHqwtHUM

Is that cat real or fake?
I have software that could do that, but it would be hard.
I vote fake.

windhound

It would be hard?  I think even the free Audacity software could do it fairly simply, as far as I can tell you would just drop the pitch, right?

It shouldn't take much to alter the meow, but it would seem kinda pointless.  I find it credible that a cat could make that noise, if just because its vocal cords were damaged.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Vulpes Jarr

Just asking, did this make you crack up?

Vulpes Jarr

Well, fairly hard to match the mouth movements to the sound. Dropping the pitch would be hard, because then the man's voice would be crazy deep. You would be able to tell if they dropped the pitch in just the part where the cats voice was, probably.

Shadow

It's not really difficult to isolate a cat's meow from a human voice. The power spectrum would be completely different. Audacity has a menu item that calculates this for you directly.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

It sounds like someone saying "bo" to me, and it wouldn't be difficult to sync up sound and picture to replace the cats meow. Meow is probably fake.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Vulpes Jarr