Push to make RWL popular again

Started by Drakus, May 28, 2014, 10:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krowdon

I'm gonna get back on the official Redwall forum and see if I can't recruit a few people. I'm going on a trip thursday and wont really have internet but I mean I can still start.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Sharptooh

Quote from: windhound on June 17, 2014, 11:00:40 AM
Small correction Sharpy -- The game was Retto's pet project (and Boze's before him).  Retto was rather protective of the code -- it was one of the friction points with Beatles, Retto even went and got permission to not release the code (contrary to the game's license). 
Shael, Ollie, Shadow, and I all worked on the code at the same time -- Shael somewhat reluctantly towards the end (she tried to pass to torch to me earlier but I really didn't want it...  she then just dropped it).  As said above, there's been noone to really pass the torch to.

Maybe I was a little too harsh on Shael, I'm very appreciate of the countless man hours she has spent working on RWL, all the same I think it might have helped if she'd opened up the source code more whilst she was still around.

I don't know that much about the early history of RWL, but it does sound like early development efforts have hobbled the game a fair bit (even now)

Regarding the rest of your post, I am interested in helping, I definitely want to give something back to this site (it's given me enough over the years), but I don't think I'm in a position to do so now, I might be come September I'll let you know if/when I want to try and help.

Regarding making the site responsive, I realise it is a much bigger undertaking than a simple content site (as you've said, some screens would be difficult to adapt), I still think it would be much easier than creating an RWL app (which a lot of people seem to view as the only solution to this problem).

I also agree with you RE the UMD scaring people off (I was probably over exaggerating that problem), but I do think it illustrates well how different RWL's demographics are compared to a typical ROC.

Shadow

Help coding would certainly be nice if you are interested in it.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

iman361

my grndpa is a programer and he could teach me and   then i could become a admin :P
dragon ARE real