3.0 death?

Started by Twilight Shadow, June 04, 2014, 05:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twilight Shadow

For me, I am struggling to adjust to 3.0. Indying seems like the route to help give an advantage compared to trying to forage or cash. My struggle is the technique of playing 3.0where as before with indying or leadership, seemed like starters would catch on faster and individuals can hold their own.

3.0 to me feels like it killed the old community. Just an opinion and yes most moved on in life to busier things but before we were all busy too and still got on.

Is there a starter strat for indy, casher and forager? Or are individuals still trying to figure out how to play?

Or am I just struggling to understand the concept of 3.0?

*in development because it surrounds the aspect of 3.0 (imo)*

Gen. Volkov

There are several different viable strats in 3.0. I think it's just you dude. Every time I go solo in a round, I do pretty well. I can give you the basics of my indy strat, but it's not really that hard. Rat or lizard will give you the most bang for your buck with indy. I prefer lizard because the bonus to food, as that is usually your limiting factor with an indy strat. I usually set my tax rate at about 30%, though that can vary. Food is usually at 60%, cash is at 40%. Troop setup varies, that's up to you, but I usually avoid going really heavy on rats, because they eat all your food. For my land, I usually have about even numbers of markets, tents, foragers, and huts, and then a few k less of barracks. For the early runs in a round, I'll sell everything on mercs for the first couple runs, to fund my runs. After cash starts to build up in the game I'll sell it all on the market and sell what I can't sell on there on mercs. A few runs of that, and I'll be able to fund my runs by pulling from the bank, usually. Then its just a matter of getting as much and as possible during your runs and using the recruitment boost in General's hut to make a ton of troops.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Twilight Shadow

Alright sounds good! Thanks! Just seems indies grow better than cash-ers and foragers, in my opinion.

Gen. Volkov

No, they are all equally viable.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES