reset

Started by Shadow, August 01, 2014, 03:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Just fyi, I'll be resetting turbo tonight when I get home, probably 10pm EST
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Wolf Snare

I was really hoping we could get a month extension. After all, this round was a half round in which no one was active... Until now.

EDIT: I think Dan would agree, as well as anyone else who is playing. It's our right to show this land farm aiding kid what happens when you play dirty.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

Fair enough! If I don't hear any objections I'll leave it running.

Proxy

Quote from: Wolf Snare on August 01, 2014, 05:52:31 PM
I was really hoping we could get a month extension. After all, this round was a half round in which no one was active... Until now.

EDIT: I think Dan would agree, as well as anyone else who is playing. It's our right to show this land farm aiding kid what happens when you play dirty.

Play dirty? What is that supposed to mean?  I broke 1st and admittedly yes ran 2 runs out of protection for free with no interruption, exploring and defending up end of my run as well.  But that was not my fault nobody broke or did not want to break protection for whatever reason( like only 4 empires total at that time so understandable it was "dead" in activity) 
Land farm was also implemented  a day or 2 later which did offset the lead I had and indeed you guys broke me. I then started to take my runs more serious after the break, but again I noticed the lack off aggression soon afterwards.
I am glad you guys are starting to run your turns again, that is very nice, because I implemented it to specifically  get the legendary wolf snare all worked up and bring out his best ingame.

No objections from me. It is not difficult to break me at all but a fresh start would be nice for the player base as a whole, but I do not mind being the villain if it means you guys will run your turns (even if it is to run them against me)

lol fyi i aided landfarm after the fact you or the other guy(cant remember exactly who did it) maxed out land farm then dumped all the acres on it after a break on me.  You made my run a little harder so I did the same. Fair is fair eh?

Gen. Volkov

What happened was, I dumped all my rats to Snare, and he was supposed to break you for good, as you were sitting on like 38k land with 39 mil NW, it would have broken things wide open and made the game fun again. Then Snare didn't run a turn for like a week or more, and I was stuck with nothing to break you with.

I would like an extension though, as long as Snare stays active, we should be able to break you again and free up the land.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wolf Snare

As you mentioned there aren't very many people playing, so it's inevitable that the land farm's going to get maxed. After onlining you, dropping land was an obvious next move to avoid retal. I understand this caused an unintentional hiccup in your gameplay, but it doesn't grant you the right to deliberately cheat.

And since we're on that subject, exploiting the code seems to be a reoccurring theme for you.  Wasn't it just last round you were caught abusing bugs? Now you've admitted to aiding troops to the landfarm to prevent scouting. Are you really that paranoid? It's sad, really.

You've gotta be kind of delusional to name your warlord "God" in the first place, but underneath the exploits and lack of player activity that's been in your favour thus far -- you're really nothing special. More of a megalomaniac than anything. This will become evident in the next few weeks.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Proxy

Is there a rule to not sending foreign aid to any empire, land farm included?  That would be news to me. 
Last round I was not caught doing anything, I did not understand how it happened and tried to recreate it. Though in hindsight I should have reported it as soon as possible and for that I am sorry.  I did have a well-established lead/lock  and that bug only occurred when I saw that you could sell all of your troops on the public market through the "sell selected items" feature at the presumed final run of the month (believe it was on the 27th or 28th well into the final day)

Last round I  was "Scrub".  I did not have any idea what to name my warlord but thought "God" would be cute a antonym.  Sorry you do not find it cute.  No exploits have been used thus far on my part, if you know of any I am sure it is your responsibility to report me, though I have taken advantage of the lack of activity, that is absolute.

Shadow

there's no rule against aiding the land farm, though we've considered in the past coding it to automatically reject aid. If it becomes a problem it's a simple enough bit of code to add.