Fencing

Started by Krowdon, September 24, 2014, 11:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krowdon

I started fencing this year. So far we've learned footwork and are working on foil. Hopefully we'll learn epee later. No one knows sabre though so I can't learn it lol.

Conditioning for fencing showed me how out of shape I am though lmao. I rather enjoy it though. I've always kind of wanted to fence.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Wordsarecool

I wish I had taken up fencing.

Always seemed like a fun sport.

Durza

Quote from: Krowdon on September 24, 2014, 11:31:29 PM
No one knows sabre though so I can't learn it lol.

Conditioning for fencing showed me how out of shape I am though lmao. I rather enjoy it though. I've always kind of wanted to fence.

On the first point.... BLASPHEMY.

On the second point, it not that your out of shape its that you don't use those muscle groups often/at all.  Feel the burn
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Krowdon

I literally used like 0 muscles in all of high school haha. Other than walking to class.

I feel the burn alright.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Durza

lol.  In 2+ weeks it won't be that bad, except if you take long breaks...like summer
Question Mark (?)

Krowdon

Oh man yeah summer. Sit around and do nothing thats what I do all summer.

I'm hoping I'll be able to go to Chicago in may though that it my only summer plan right now.

Night Wolf

someone trusts you with a sword?

Krowdon

Quote from: Night Wolf on October 09, 2014, 01:16:24 PM
someone trusts you with a sword?

Hard to believe, right? I've only bruised a few people.

Night Wolf

have you ever watched how i met your mother?

Krowdon

I have! Most of it, at least.

Night Wolf

I imagine you fencing like marshal and ted. Saying some cheesy lines and then end up accidentely stabbing someone

Krowdon

We have rubber tips on our swords so they don't really hurt anyone. Even without the tip they aren't like, sharp sharp like I got hit multiple times with a sword that lost it's rubber tip and all I got was a bruise because that guy hit hard anyway.

We do say cheesy lines sometimes

Krowdon

I can parry the heck out of someone but man I am not offensive.

Durza

Good parry's are a great thing.  Add work a bit more on that offense and you will do well
Question Mark (?)

Krowdon

I think part of my problem is that I'm nervous. Even though I know fencing is pretty safe I'm still like oh man. I'll get over it. I actually freaking won a few matches last night.