The Holidays

Started by Krowdon, December 09, 2014, 04:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krowdon

Does anyone have any special plans over this holiday season? (If you celebrate)

Also if you have christmas trees you should share pictures because I absolutely love seeing them. I'll share mine when I get home this week.

Personally I'm just gonna be glad to get to go home from college. I think my Grandma is coming to visit too? Which might be alright. We also bake cookies every year so I'm looking forward to that. Mom and Grandma do most of the work but I like to linger and eat the cookie dough. 

What I am NOT looking forward to though, is the annual Disney trip. I love Disney I would go all the time but the trip over the break is a group of sixteen of us and that is Not Fun. Don't go to Disney with that many people.

move this to spa if you need to I'm not sure.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Shadow

I heading home in a week for a three-week vacation from doing science. I can't wait to not be working for a while. I could take or leave the going home part.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

I'll probably see some of my friends over the break, and some family is in town right now, but no special plans other than that. I haven't been at my new job long enough to get vacation time yet. Next year I'll probably take a vacation around Christmas time.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

windhound

I'm just going to chill with my family

Though for the first time ever I'm working on Christmas week, Monday and Tuesday.  Trying to keep at least a few spare vacation days in case of snow -- Duke will force all but essential staff to stay home (even those who live within walking distance are told to stay home), but it's unpaid unless you take vacation days or work extra to make up for it.  So geh.
I am taking New Years week.

Got a short drive up in a week and a half to see my stepdad's relatives, only going for one day so I'm driving separately.  Debating if I want to take my '70 Bug or the '04 Ford...  well I mean, I know which I _want_ to take, but one of my brothers is probably going to ride with me and may balk at ~3 hrs on the highway in the bug, so I guess we'll see.  Car should make it fine...  should :D

Thinking about putting a Christmas wreath on the bug, may post pictures if I do.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Durza

Go home, and not doing long hours of engineering.  Not much aside from that.
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

windhound

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Hah! Nice. Very festive.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Durza

Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Night Wolf

Fa LA LA LA LA LA LA la ... Bar
Two full weeks of paid Christmas vacation(even get paid for it in advance)

Uiblis

Finished my first semester, tanked a couple classes but pass/fail yay

gonna sleep a lot because I average like four or five hours a night god this school is hard

see some friends eat food and sleep

yea that sounds about right
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Shadow

what are you taking? I may have asked this already...

Gen. Volkov

I just mostly finished my Christmas shopping. I went to a local arts and crafts store, that my mom works at but also shops at, to buy a gift card for part of her Christmas present. Of course, I just happened to pick the day that my mom is not only working, but is in fact the only cashier in the entire store. LOL.

Uiblis

Shadow I'm an aspiring cs/math double major. But the more i look at it the more I feel like it just isn't feasible

took linear algebra, multivariable calculus, intro cs course, chinese for a humanities requirement and econ in case i wanna swap majors

Almost failed my linear class but clutched out a C

I have really bad time management skills lolz

Shadow

yea I knew that.

Do you want to be a computer scientist/programmer who is good at math or a mathematician who is good at programming? Cause you could always make one of them a minor and save yourself some headache. 

Uiblis

Probably a mathematician who's good at programming

all my classes are proof based which is so new and weird
i can write up pretty good heuristics but straight up hardcore proofs is like ugh

and yeah the minor route is definitely also a possibility. Still exploring options at this point haha

It's a blast though I love it