I am Holby, AMA

Started by Holby, December 16, 2014, 05:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holby

About the game, my feats and accomplishments, or how handsome and charming I am.
I will not deleted this

Percy

Egads, this is rather egotistical of you, isn't it? Putting that aside for a moment, don't you think this alias nonsense is a bit on the nose?

Holby

Quote from: Percy on December 16, 2014, 05:42:28 PM
Egads, this is rather egotistical of you, isn't it? Putting that aside for a moment, don't you think this alias nonsense is a bit on the nose?
Thanks for your question. Yes, this is entirely self-serving.

I've always been a big fan of aliases in the game, they make things fresh and interesting. They're a little overdone and silly, but a lot of fun. Percy, you've always been my favourite.
I will not deleted this

Majorian

Do you consider ROME to be the most powerful clan to ever dominate the game?
One of the ten Emperors of Rome

Holby

Quote from: Majorian on December 16, 2014, 05:49:47 PM
Do you consider ROME to be the most powerful clan to ever dominate the game?
Great question! I think ROME had the strongest personalities ever. It felt like there was as much fighting inside the clan as out of it. While it included some of the game's greatest players, it didn't have a lot of unity, and was missing my long-time partner, wolf bite. This was largely what led to my betrayal of ROME. Ten years later, I still feel mildly guilty about this, because I do rather like Ereptor, and the way he livened up the game.

I think League was the best clan ever. Nice one, Percy. Also, I have a soft spot for my very first clan, DI, which was incredibly dominant at the time.

I will not deleted this

Angrod Palant?r

I know you must be sick of talking about your aliases by now, but what did you think of Angrod and Loren?

Holby

Quote from: Angrod Palant?r on December 16, 2014, 06:09:45 PM
I know you must be sick of talking about your aliases by now, but what did you think of Angrod and Loren?
Angrod, you were a turning point for me. You allowed me to act a bit meaner, pick a few fights, and create a big, successful clan. I don't think anyone remembers Loren, but we had 2 full clans running for a while. LAppren may have been the first dedicated training clan. Go us.

I will not deleted this

Shadow

If you could relive the glory days of one of your dominant clans, which would it be? Also, how handsome and charming are you on a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being awkward and ugly and 10 being me?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Holby

Quote from: Shadow on December 16, 2014, 07:53:10 PM
If you could relive the glory days of one of your dominant clans, which would it be? Also, how handsome and charming are you on a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being awkward and ugly and 10 being me?
It has to be League, because we were a fantastic team. Having goals outside of taking over the game made it feel so much more important. It was also the first time I'd worked with you, and Snarecakes, and maybe even LOLkov, so that was nice, too. I still think of League as a recent memory, even though it was 7 years ago. I loved our co-ordinated runs on MSN, they were a bucketload of fun, even though they were frequently 4+ hours long. Was nice to have Shael and Wolf Bite with us for them, too. When I wasn't actively Leagueing, I was thinking about posts and game ideas, until I started dreaming about runs.

Overall, I did a lot more taking down of Emperors on reg rather than putting them up there, and developing a plan for that is always exciting. In the first few years, leader suicides weren't yet a thing, we still hadn't developed effective takedown tactics, so plans were a lot more convoluted. I was the most well-known leaders player, and I frequently acted as a "bank" for holding supplies, or for gathering intel. That's mostly what I think of as "glory days" game-wise, but League still wins out.

On the handsome-charming scale, I'm an 11. No-one is allowed to be as wonderful as your fearless leader.
I will not deleted this

EmpNero

Heh, Rome was funtimes indeed. 
Nero got to rise from the ashes and be (iirc?) the first ~90% food emp RWL ever had, it was kinda ridiculous really. 

edit -
Quote from: Nero on February 09, 2004, 11:05:13 AM
Quote from: wolf biteThought is was 10 days on reg and 7 on turbo? 

Either way, welcome to the club.

Wolf Bite
:)   day 10!

*bows*
thankee all..

hehe

EDIT:  Food is currently 86.08% of my networth!  :D

was close.  Seriously, the rest of the game let me sit up there for ten days with a frikken 86% of my net being food.  Amazing.

----

Speaking of, what's your favorite food?
A Deranged Emperor of Rome?
Formerly of the clan Rome

Holby

Quote from: Nero on December 16, 2014, 10:02:03 PM
Heh, Rome was funtimes indeed. 
Nero got to rise from the ashes and be (iirc?) the first ~90% food emp RWL ever had, it was kinda ridiculous really. 

edit -
Quote from: Nero on February 09, 2004, 11:05:13 AM
Quote from: wolf biteThought is was 10 days on reg and 7 on turbo? 

Either way, welcome to the club.

Wolf Bite
:)   day 10!

*bows*
thankee all..

hehe

EDIT:  Food is currently 86.08% of my networth!  :D

was close.  Seriously, the rest of the game let me sit up there for ten days with a frikken 86% of my net being food.  Amazing.

----

Speaking of, what's your favorite food?
Nero original and best foodmasser!

My favourite food is probably chicken and chorizo paella. Alternatively, I'd be more than happy with thousands and thousands of pink-iced donuts.
I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

I remember Loren, and LAppren. I remember disliking them intensely, in fact. If I remember correctly, Loren collapsed right around the time Snarecakes and I had our first big clan war. I could be time compressing though, that era of RWL is all kind of scrunched together for me, because it seems like so much happened in so little time.

League was probably the most fun I've had playing this game, and I'm pretty sure that was the first time I had worked with you Holbs. I remember being in some sort of "probationary" period for awhile, before you figured out how awesome I am. We also emped Reppy for awhile didn't we? That was a lot of fun too. Fair Maiden was less fun, because we took over so easily, and stayed that way without a ton of effort. That was easily the most dominant clan we ever made though.

Anyway, how many alter egos did you make, in the course of your RWL career? Can you even remember all of them?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Holby

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on December 17, 2014, 12:09:49 PM
I remember Loren, and LAppren. I remember disliking them intensely, in fact. If I remember correctly, Loren collapsed right around the time Snarecakes and I had our first big clan war. I could be time compressing though, that era of RWL is all kind of scrunched together for me, because it seems like so much happened in so little time.

League was probably the most fun I've had playing this game, and I'm pretty sure that was the first time I had worked with you Holbs. I remember being in some sort of "probationary" period for awhile, before you figured out how awesome I am. We also emped Reppy for awhile didn't we? That was a lot of fun too. Fair Maiden was less fun, because we took over so easily, and stayed that way without a ton of effort. That was easily the most dominant clan we ever made though.

Anyway, how many alter egos did you make, in the course of your RWL career? Can you even remember all of them?
The Ereptor emp was fun, and yes, Fair Maiden was too easy. Technically, yeah, it's the most dominant, but because we had so little competition, it doesn't seem fair.

I had a lot of alter egos. Jasta 11 was my prototype for Angrod. I created a clan called JG1, which password spammed everyone. Same thing I did with Loren.

Angrod was my most effective. I would run both my holby and Angrod accounts at once in AIM group chats and make them talk to each other.

I tried to play "secretly" every Turbo round, basically. Here's me investigating myself: http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=1568.0

I'm not sure if I've got (m)any more forum accounts, though. At any rate, I don't think I've ever had the same account name twice.
I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

QuoteAngrod was my most effective. I would run both my holby and Angrod accounts at once in AIM group chats and make them talk to each other.

LOL, I can see you doing that. That's great.

My God, that thread about Mahoney is old. Its hard to believe Peace was ever that naive about the game. "How do you have a functional economy". LOL. I guess we all were like that back then though.

The only Turbo rounds involving you that I really remember were A) When I killed you and pissed you right off, and then you killed me in retaliation and B) when I was "Lords of Metallica" and you thought that was such a cool name you gave me a billion dollars.

So was Angrod your favorite alter-ego, or just the most effective one? If not, which was your favorite alter-ego?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES