noob question

Started by Aurrelius, August 03, 2015, 12:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurrelius

I have been noticing that I have been loosing more cash than I make. Therefor I spent quite a few turns looting and buying markets. However, now I find myself without any money! Is money accumulated over time, or purchesed directly with turns via looters?
Thanks

Aurrelius

Gen. Volkov

Money does accumulate over time, if you are making more than you are spending, looters will boost your cash production for the number of turns you use it, but they don't just give cash. Generally, the best way to get cash is to invest time making some resource, like food, or troops, and then sell it. You can then use that money to fund making more cash. You can also build up leaders, and use the "Loot" spell in the drop down in your General's Hut. Who are you in game? I can send you some cash to jump start you.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Aurrelius

okay, thanks, now I know how to get money, but how do I balance my budget? I sold 3 million rats, and while my food production is now in the green, my money is still in the hole. What am I spending money on?

P.S. My name is Aurrelius, just like here (keeps things easy for me) but charity, while very kind, doesn't help me in the long run.

Gen. Volkov

Well, you are probably producing troops that cost lots of money, most likely skiffs. The different buildings produce different things. Markets make cash, tents make workers, barracks make troops, camps reduce the cost of things and decrease shipment times to the market, huts make leaders, foragers make food, towers improve your defense. If you want to put your cash and food flow in the green, you should sell all but one troop type, and build all markets, tents, and foragers. You can then make cash and food, and sell food to get cash, and use that cash to buy troops off mercs to get more land. That's one of the more simple strategies. You can go down to the "Strategy" section of the forum to learn a lot more. I've written a few guides, and several other experienced players have as well.

Oh and about the cash, yes I know it doesn't help you learn the game, but I figured sitting there frustrated with no cash and not knowing how to get more had to suck. My intent was to give you a jump start, and then teach you how to do it yourself. Besides, a billion here or there is nothing to me. I lost more than that sending you the money. LOL.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Aurrelius

well, thanks. I learned that a friend of mine sent be like 5 million rats before I had any infrastructure. So I sold all them and built a 1k markets and now I'm good. Thanks for the help!

P.S. are workers like currency where I spend them when I build stuff? 'Cause when I built my markets, it said -70 workers.

Gen. Volkov

Welcome.

Workers are just that, they do work. They will leave if you take away places for them to live though, like if you demolish tents to build markets. Also, they will leave or stay based on your tax rate.

Briar

Also, Aurrelius, it can be ok if your cash/food is in red (both are pretty much always in red for me).
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?