Wrecking stuff

Started by Aurrelius, August 20, 2015, 12:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurrelius

So:

I've been playing merrily along and building tons of stuff with all the land that I acquired and then lost.

I now find myself in a position where I'm making too many troops per turn to be sustainable for more than 50 or so turns. My plan was to demolish some barracks and set up some markets, but I haven't seen a way to demolish buildings.

Is this possible/how do I do this. And  If I can't, what do you recommend I do?

Firetooth

There is a demolish button at the bottom of the construct page. :)

Troop building strategies (nicknamed "indy" for industrial) aren't sustainable outside of a team environment. If you want to be making lots of networth solo, the only easily sustainable way to do this on reg is through building up stockpiles of food. The best way to do that is to revolt to wolf and do what is known as a "leadering" strategy, where you build all your land to huts, accrue leaders then use the enrich and feast functions under "General's Hut" to build up food stockpiles.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

You can run indy outside a team environment, it's just more difficult. You sell troops for cash at the beginning of your run, and then use that to fund making more troops as you attack and build barracks to make more troops. You devote a certain percent of your land to foragers, so you don't run out of food, which is the limiting factor in most indy strategies.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

Yeah but there's a ceiling all solo indiers hit where they can't get beyond a certain level of networth. I guess you can try marketing troops for cash?

Regardless, you can't indy efficiently and adequately safeguard your net from leader attacks.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

There are ways to get around it, but yeah, there is a limit one what a solo indy can achieve.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

The Obliterator

Apparently when I left last I was a fan fn fox cloaked solo indy.
And so that's what I came back to :D
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Gen. Volkov

I was wondering why you had so few leaders...

The Obliterator

Yeah I saw it had the shock of my life and then just went with it
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better