Turbo Indy

Started by The Obliterator, August 21, 2015, 12:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Obliterator

Well i have been away for a while but thought i would pop in and see whats up.
One of the things that has bothered me a bit is that there is no readily accessible information about turbo.
ie i couldnt see the race chart till i had already signed up.
However its still fun so i thought i would try a little indy however im not sure how it has changed in turbo since i was here last. Would someone be able to give me a quick rundown of how it goes?
Thanks and i look forward to meeting you on the battlefield :D
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

in turbo the idea was the generally you rely more heavily on the public market, since selling on mercs doesn't get you as much as on reg. You can also actually support a decent army building markets and foragers and tweaking your tax rate. IIRC, 20% tax with like 20 - 30 - 20 - 20 markets-barracks-huts-foragers is a pretty decent self-sustaining indy setup, with tweaks as you go (bump up tax rate to get more cash, but this will hurt your troop production, lower taxes to get more troops but less resources, etc, and tweak your economy settings to focus on whichever resource you need more of at the time).

If the public market is active enough you can skip the markets and go straight barracks.

I think lizard was the best race for solo indy due to good resource stats.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Obliterator

How do workers affect troops production?
I thought that had been made a part of it

Shadow

your troops are converted directly from workers. But all buildings hold some workers, not just tents. Higher tax rate mean less workers, so indy has to balance having enough tax to have decent food and cash income against the need to keep taxes low enough to build troops.

The Obliterator

Is that the same for leaders ie does leader production compete with troop production

Shadow

yes - but once your huts fill up and you aren't earning leaders anymore, they won't cost you any workers.

20% huts maxes out the production bonuses once they are filled.