abandoned? :(

Started by Blood Wake, June 18, 2016, 11:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blood Wake

I just spent an hour explaining to my Girlfriend how important RWL is to my life. But... now it looks like 2 or 3 people remain... what is going on over here? Did the admins leave too?
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Firetooth

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Briar

Shadow is around every once in awhile....
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

windhound

And me. 
ish.

Pretty quiet here. 
QMT closed up shop earlier this year, Promi is about gone. 
Had a great run though
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Blood Wake

Windy, can you undisable my girlfriend in reg. She's Feathered Fox #1156?

I don't know how she got disabled...

EarthEmpires.com has thousands of players.
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

windhound

Done.

EarthEmpires looks promi-based, but I don't see any mention of what it's based on?  Is it a QMT clone?
A couple hundred players ain't bad.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Blood Wake

Thanks.

It's possible Earth Empires was built from te ground up. They have a decent mobile layout too. It's similar to classic qmt try only added a couple of elements. The research element seems interesting because I think if you get beaten down to nothing, you still have the knowledge of how to produce things in a more productive way and no one can take that from you.

h

Krowdon

I'm still hanging around.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Death

BITCHES AIN'T poo BUT HOES AND TRICKS

Nah but Promisance is based on Earth, not the other way around. Promisance was basically the poorly coded unbalanced offshoot that took off when those type of games were popular. Blackhawk made Prom 1.0, then EZclan and such came around and were a bit better, then QMT came around and redid their own version with the nonsense code we have all come to know and love.

ApolloRKO

Promisance is based off Earth2025 which closed down and spawned Earth Empires.

Hows everyone doing? We have a Promisance chat room where the remaining Prom Survivors hang out https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.snoonet.org:+6697/QMTchat

Come chat with us and lets keep the community alive and everyone united.

We are the last survivors and we should try to expand what we are sentimentally attached to and figure out a marketing strategy among all of us to get more players to come enjoy promisance with us.

There are a few other servers running right now but none of them have many more players then Redwall. BTW Redwall was my favorite book in high school I read it freshman year and lovvvved it! I was playing Promisance before I read Redwall and couldn't believe that someone else loved it as much  as me and made a Prommy game on the book. How small is the world when 2 people like the same Promisance game and Redwall so much that one of them combind the two into a special game.

This is a place where throughout our life we could leave reality and find our happy place no matter what was going on outside of the game in our real life we could always be free and happy here.

LET PROMISANCE LIVE!!!

Shadow

I still poke around once in a while. I've just been letting the servers do their thing, though, as it seems like we're going the way of FaF and others.

Not too surprising, but it was indeed a good run.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

ApolloRKO

Theres no since of giving up on the game. Start helping promote it. Join gaming forums and add www.redwallwarlords.com to your signature and start getting involved in discussion. Add a little brief description like "Check out this cool browser war game it's totally free"

Recently i've been playing this promisance  http://singularity.taniarascia.com and having a great time doing it. It looks really cutting edge and its fall out theme. Come check it out.

We need to stick together. Come join the chatroom i mentioned above and work with us to make promisance great again. There should be 3 or 4 prommy related games at all times that are full of players we can bounce around too.

wolf bite

Maybe set up a server game that is special "Return to Redwall". Send annoying spam to all the emails in the data base. Set up would be a few weeks to log on, then a shot gun start with email going out. Aid would be greatly reduced to discourage ganging up. Run the game for 3 months. Have awards for most everything. And a few voted on ones like "most helpful". 

Oh .... HI!

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

The Lady Shael

I definitely miss it, that's for sure. I would love to come back and keep working on it, time is the issue. Although I work from home now....so....it could be a possibility.

Also, hi. =)

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

wolf bite

Hey Shael.

I spent some time looking at the stats and the decline is bad. This place meant a lot to many people during informative years. Some great friends were made. If the site is going to go down, then let it do so with a BANG! ... Which may be the CPR it needs to come back alive.

If we can get some of the big names from over the years to pre-confirm and the line up is announced in the spam, and everyone must play under their best known name, it could really be big. People will not want to miss the reunion, whether to be part of it or just to watch. Old friends can reconnect. Geeez, I bet some of the "kids" who used to hang out here have kids of their own by now. Logging in every 3 days for 3 months is all that is asked for. Even with work and such, people should be able to make that. (Just thinking out loud)

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles