abandoned? :(

Started by Blood Wake, June 18, 2016, 11:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

That's a really good idea wolf bite.

(Hi guys! I am still alive!)

I'd be down for playing some RWL again. After the poo-storm that has been my life this past year, I could use a little distraction. Not sure about this Singularity game though.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

windhound

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on June 29, 2016, 08:12:47 PM
Not sure about this Singularity game though.
's Tania's (Menatus), I doubt she cares enough to have people spam the link around, but whatevs. 

And sure....  I might play for a bit
Want to set a tentative start date for Aug 1st? 
Would set the aid restriction based on networth, someone lower than you who needs a hand could get it, but it would be good to restrict propping someone up.

This site is, what, approaching 14 years old; I know we've had younger players than that in the past. 
..........means I joined when I was 15ish, and RWL has been around for ~ half my life
wat.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Death

I'll play a set of RWL to rub up against Volkov and Shadow like good old times.

But yeah, QMT shut down recently and someone found Singularity so some of us went there, but Tania seems to never have intended to run a Prom long term. QMT is dead, Valhall is dead, WGZ NWO etc. have all gone the way of the dodo. Add to that the fact that the domains that expired were snatched up or are now valued in the thousands and things are looking grim for our once... dramatic and grim community. But the end has been nigh for like a decade anyways. Some people are kicking around ideas for new games given that we now know that like 1,000+ people play the games Prom was based upon so it's still plenty viable. I mean QMT wasn't in such bad shape, it just had conspiracy theorists going nuts all over the place and people faking their own deaths for attention and stuff so it got so toxic it just kind of tore itself apart.

My point is that a Prom can totally still work. I mean Singularity had like 30 random new players at first. It's just running an insanely broken QM code which is in no way a reflection upon the admin, she's just using what was made available so all those new players got to experience the wonders of hitting 5mil networth then having no idea how to finance turns.

The Lady Shael

Quote from: windhound on June 29, 2016, 11:09:17 PM
Want to set a tentative start date for Aug 1st? 

I'm down. We should make it a themed round, maybe Storehouse.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

I'll be there, Aug 1st - and I shall bring the many bannerman of House 'Tooth with me! (ie. me and Sharp will play too).
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

Quote's Tania's (Menatus), I doubt she cares enough to have people spam the link around, but whatevs. 

Ah, OK. Sevah was apparently there too at one point. He messaged me on Facebook telling me to join his clan.

August 1st sounds good, though I might miss a run early on, I'm probably going to Gencon this year, and that runs from Aug 4th through the 7th. Would be good to see in game again too Death.

That sounds like an awful situation over at QMT. Makes me kinda glad that RWL just seems to be more fading away, and not tearing itself apart. Of course with guys like Shadow and Holbs as mods, its hard to see conspiracy theorists sticking around here long enough to create a toxic environment.

I don't know if I'd be up for getting back into Prom games in general though. I just don't have the passion for it like I used too. We'll see how this special round goes, maybe it will reignite my interest.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Uiblis

Oh darn if this is gonna be a thing I'll make sure I'll be there. Glad to see y'all are still around.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Firetooth

If we do Storehouse, will teams be random? I'm down with that tbh.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

I dunno, I'd almost prefer it to be No Clans. Using the Storehouse for a big thing like this just doesn't seem right. Doesn't really fit into wolf bite's idea, in my opinion. A big event with all the old players coming back and everyone playing their most famous names, I think it should be fairly similar to the base RWL code, the one we all started playing on. Just speaking for myself, I never really liked the storehouse rounds. I just didn't find the concept or the execution all that engaging.

Blood Wake

It definitely shouldn't be storehouse. I think making it a game in which everyone is on their own would be the way to go.
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Shadow

I could play a set for old time's sake, why not
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Juska

So I did some poking around and RWL doesn't even pop-up if you google search promisance, anything we can do to change that?

Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

The Lady Shael

We also used to be the first result when you searched for "redwall game", now we're on the second page. :(
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Juska

If you search "redwall game(s)" we show up on the first page.

Can't we code "promisance" into the background on all the web pages or something so it returns search results? Admittedly web design and search algorithms are not my strong suit, but I thought that was a thing......?
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Leo The Fang

I'm new here!

As a lifelong Redwall fan and a total newcomer to the game I'd be incredibly sad to see it dry up and die just as I finally make it in the door.