Olympics

Started by The Lady Shael, August 08, 2016, 09:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genevieve

This thread is does not have much olympics in it.

Is anyone else getting sick of this Michael Phelps BS?

The Lady Shael

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gen. Volkov

I'm sick of pretty much every aspect of NBC's Olympic coverage. It is absolutely godawful.

That said, I still want Phelps to win all the medals. Because 'MURICA.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Genevieve

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUS... oh nevermind, we lose everytime :(

Gen. Volkov

I think Aussieland came in second in the women's relay? That's better than not medaling at least.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Briar

I mean, when he was shooting laser beams from his eyes at Chad le Clos....Red, white and blue right there folks
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

The Lady Shael

Watching him beat Le Clos was so satisfying. And the #phelpsface memes have been kinda amusing.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Genevieve

I mean we're not terrible, but before every Olympics they're like "Australia are gonna win soooo many golds, we are favourites to win in allll these swimming events", and then we win like 2, and the rest of the "favourites" bomb out.

Briar

I was shocked China was beat by Russia in women's gymnastics
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Gen. Volkov

QuoteWatching him beat Le Clos was so satisfying. And the #phelpsface memes have been kinda amusing.

It really was, after Le Clos ran his mouth so much. Yeah, the Phelps death stare was the best. I tried to use it a bit ago, but my tablet-fu is not strong.

The Lady Shael

Also China didn't win gold in one of the synchronized diving events, first time since '04, leading to this awkward hug by the Great Britain team: http://www.nbcolympics.com/sites/default/files/styles/951x536_rectangle/public/field_image/10August2016/great-britain-laugher-mears-celebreate.jpg?itok=_Fq1pRdh

Gen. Volkov

Quote from: GenevieveI mean we're not terrible, but before every Olympics they're like "Australia are gonna win soooo many golds, we are favourites to win in allll these swimming events", and then we win like 2, and the rest of the "favourites" bomb out.

That's literally a perfect description of any NBC Olympics broadcast where the US is not actually favored to win. Its awful.

Quote from: ShaelAlso China didn't win gold in one of the synchronized diving events, first time since '04, leading to this awkward hug by the Great Britain team:

Wow, yeah, that is awkward as hell. But hey, go Britain!

Briar

I think it's because NBC makes their montages ahead of time.

Neobaron

Don't worry Lucy, even if Australia is bad@sports you still get the benefit of Michelle Jenneke being everyones favorite runner.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Gen. Volkov

Is that the one who did the bouncy dance warmup routine?

Briar, you are probably correct.