Woof rising

Started by Gen. Volkov, September 03, 2016, 10:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

An old, grizzled wolf is laying on a beach, either reading or sleeping, its hard to be sure. A figure can be seen running along the beach, waving excitedly. The figure gets up to the old wolf, panting, and exclaims:

"Sir! General sir!, they're back!"

"Who is back?", Volkov asks.

"The warlords sir, all of them!", the young messenger excitedly says.

The old wolf thinks to himself for a second.

"They are back eh? Hmm, perhaps it is time then." He motions to the messenger and says, "Go, fetch my lieutenants. There is planning to be done. Tell old Snarltail to break out the banner. He'll know which one."

Back at the general's keep, an old storeroom is opened. An old banner has the dust beaten off it, and the Madrahorn is blown, sounding like the barking of dogs. The banner with the snarling hounds head is raised. Messengers are sent to certain old associates of the General. The messages they bear just have one word, and paw print. The word is "Woof".

The Dog Clan has returned! Let all other warlords tremble in fear.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

wolf bite

When ever someone mentions an "old Wolf" I think they are talking about me. Hehe.

Great to see the you brought the clan back General.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Gen. Volkov

Hah, thanks. Yeah, I couldn't decide what to make the RWL version of me. Eventually I settled on a wolf because that's the race I picked in game.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

wolf bite

I always thought of you as an otter wearing general Patton's jacket with gold tassels on the shoulders and a helmet 2 sizes too big. Hehe

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Juska

Volkov - what's Woof's policy on tag dropping to pass land?

Also, 26 leader land grabs and open attack opportunities...I'd rather not start a war on day 5, please cease and desist with the offensive leader attacks.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Gen. Volkov

No one has tag dropped to pass land, and no one is going too most likely.

As for leader attacks, maybe don't be a lance, and people won't do that to you. I'm willing to negotiate something equitable, but I have no interest in playing your games.

Shadow

If your land is inaccessible via troops then it will be taken with leaders. Simple as that.

Not sure what your objection to leader land grabs is anyway. Compared to troop attacks, it does less damage to you and more damage to the attacker. I would think you would be happy about them.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Juska

Volkov - I'm happy to negotiate fair terms, I'll send you a message in-game.

Shadow - Leaders are harder to mass than troops, you killing half of mine is a bit annoying.
Current Empires:

Shadow

I didn't have cash to buy troops to break. If I had, I would have.

I'm all for defending your land, but if you do that, you also don't get to complain about how people choose to break you. Pick one.

wolf bite

Hummm, so theoretically (if I get this right) a person could build nothing but Towers and have barely enough rats to man them. A few barracks to make those rats and sell them off as needed for the food and cash to pay for them. Would have little upkeep since the tax on the workers in towers and almost no army to pay for. Pick up land using a few rats against those that don't defend in rats.

But even at this point with 30,000 land would have a defense of 15,000,000 which would be almost unbreakable and a full land lock. Even if someone attacks with 7.5 mill rats to break the attacker's losses would be high and need to almost keep that many rats through the full run of attacks because even when the defender is down to 20K in land, attacker would still need 5 mill rats per attack. The defender would have almost no army losses. Most of the time the land would be locked so no one else could use it. But then the person in with all Towers says that any attacks using the obvious (and only) alternative of leader land grabs would be unfair?

It would be an unbeatable strategy!

I think I am missing something? :)

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Shadow

It's called the have your cake and eat it, too™ strategy

Juska

When you guard tower it's actually the first break that ruins you, the tower defense loss is too much and you'll become exponentially easier to break. Wasn't quite what I was going for, but if your able to get the jump on the set and lock land for one run it makes things a bit more interesting for a couple more days.

We can discuss strategies elsewhere, I've agreed terms with Woof.
Current Empires: