RtR Bug - Standard Attacks are not capturing buildings

Started by Juska, September 13, 2016, 04:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juska

Unless there was a code change I don't remember, standard attacks are supposed to capture buildings. They don't seem to be at the moment.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Shadow

I believe that was removed a long time ago, but I can't recall why. Possibly it was leading to land discrepencies?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Juska

Is there a thread somewhere, you are sure it's not a bug? Why would it lead to land discrepancies?

Edit: Here's a thread from 7 years ago where I brought this up and Shael confirmed it is a bug.

http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=10570.msg179673#msg179673
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

windhound

I just looked through military.php and there's no sign of the Standard building capture function.  Bizarre.  Usually things are just commented out. 
There's nothing there to support destroying enemy buildings and applying them to the attacker, so I'm pretty sure it's not a bug...  just no longer a feature. 

Couldn't tell you why, I'll search around in a bit

edit -- I guess Shael took it out by accident?  'cause the function to do it isn't there
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

The Lady Shael

That is really weird, I don't remember taking it out specifically but it was a long time ago. I'm sure the code was there at some point though. It is a possibility I removed it in an attempt to mitigate the land discrepancy issue.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.