Announcement: The Badger Lord is coming

Started by wolf bite, September 20, 2016, 03:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

The Admins were in the Admin castle preparing for a meeting but strangely windy was not present. Shael was examining her muffin which Holby put some strange jam on as wolf bite and Shadow talked about old times and making jokes about the other's clan. The door flew open and the weary windy stumbled in.

windy out of breath, "Its coming, their coming!" he collapsed on the table. Scarwake splashed water on windy to bring him around. Groggy and hysterical windy continued, "I was out hunting with my hounds in the north when I saw some smoke in the distance, I crept over the hill and saw them! The Badger Lord and his full army making camp."

"What are they doing so close?" said a worried Shael.

"They were breaking camp to head to us. We are in danger as a new emperor will soon be among us." Said windy as he was gathering his wits and sipping at the class.

wolf bite grabbed his broadswords off the table shouting, "My Knights to arms!" and started for the door.

Shadow grabbed wolf bite by the arm, "No my brother. This beast is too big for one warlord or even one clan. It is the biggest emperor to ever try to take Redwall. We may be doomed."

Shael stepped forward in her light blue dress as if she could float and calmly said, "But it is not as big as ALL of Redwall. Luckily we have many experienced warlords in town with the RtR festival going on.  We even have our most famous Slayer." She sent a wink to wolf bite.

"Then so be it!" said Shadow, "We must work together or all will be lost."

"Very true," continued wolf bite, "there is the greater cause than any minor wars. Our very existence is in danger. We will band together to fight the Badger Lord and his armies then plunder his riches."

The admins agree as they put their swords together. Although the dazed windy was not all that sure what he agreed to.

[Soon a giant emperor will appear in game which can only be beaten and raided should all the game work together.]

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Gen. Volkov

So, like, is he just gonna sit there, or will there actually be activity out of the emp? Will he have minions of some sort?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

wolf bite

The Badger Lord will suddenly appear and will be enormous. At this time it does not look like he will fire back or take turns. He will be loaded with special but different types of armies. Also he will have a ton of stuff to be taken, assuming we can break him.

Firing away at him will barely hurt him. Thus we need to build large armies to get over his top and recover the gold. It will be how we do it that will matter.

No one person or clan can run with that much armies. Do the clans work separately trying to build to be the first to break him? Does everyone get together and share in the slaying and the gold? Does everyone join clans so that they can move around the goods. Do the independents make deals among themselves or with clans? What deals must be made to insure everyone gets what they put in?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

windhound

He might be active.
Not in the 'making runs' full-on bot sense (with the army load that'd be tough..), but either retal attacks or a general peppering of the top ten could happen. 
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

That would make things more interesting. Oh, one other question, is he going to be the old Badger race, with the "Burrow" racial spell? Cause that would make him extra-tough to beat.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Juska

What do you mean special armies? This like Christmas come early! But seriously, I need to know the details on this Badger Lord.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

wolf bite

The Badger Lord is still far away and intel is limited. Some things will be a surprise.

But we can't release too much information because it comes down to what windy can build. Which in Redwall he only has sticks and stones in his blacksmith shop.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Juska

If your giving him special armies you could probably code them to have no upkeep so he could wipe people out without having the worry...

Whatever you do he needs to have one city called Salamandastron.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

windhound

Quote from: Juska on September 20, 2016, 08:20:10 PM
Whatever you do he needs to have one city called Salamandastron.

I like this suggestion. 
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Kilkenne

Twilight Shadow

Just curious, why the sudden change in the round style? And when this comes, will there only be five aids still?

[Edit]Also, I saw this appear...   "Badger?"   

wolf bite

The Admins and Mods spent that night around their table with maps and plans trying to figure out how large of an army The Badger Lord had. When daybreak came there was a cry from the south Watchtower. "I see something! I see something!" screamed TS.

Shadow ran to the window and glanced out but could not see what TS was talking about. windy reached into his utility bag (which had the symbol of a bat on it) and pulled out a telescope. Then with heightened vision Shadow too could see something in the distance.

"I am not sure what that is, but something large is out there. It must be The badger Lord." He said.

Holby had himself noticed an interesting spider web in the corner of the room and started taping it in utter fascination.

We must tell the citizens what is happening and let them know to get ready," authoritatively said Shael, "Call in the Town Crier."

Neo walked in and said, "Wow, I have never been in these chambers before. Even the tour I took does not let me in here. But that was some time ago. Hey, did you know there is a great sale on apples at Tooth and Brother General Store? I once saw a solar ellipse which seemed to turn the land yellow. Do you think I need new shoes? There was this one pair of shoes I once had that ..."

"Shhh," Said Shael. "You are tasked to tell every vermin in Redwall that The Badger Lord has been spotted. We now know how close it is. Tell all to get ready."

[On the scores page there is a tiny badger above rank one. Its size will be your best and only indication of how close it is. When it reaches full size it will pop into the emperor's rank.]

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Firetooth

Gonna an RP post, but for now: this sounds cool, but you should really remove or amend the 5 aid limit when clanned, at least until the emp is gone. Not necessarily unlimited aid, but if you're going to build up team work and cooperation, I think that you need to get rid of the shackles that have been placed upon these two things for RtR.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Briar

Chirp

Briar lowered her eyes to the cold stone floor of the Great Hall. There, prostrating himself before her, a messenger cricket shook with fear. His brown wings were battered from the long journey he had undergone.

"What news do you bring, Prentice?"

Chirp Chirp. Chirp-Chirp Chirp.

"Well, give it here then. Why are you making me wait?"

The small creature pulled out a worn, filth-crusted slip of parchment and handed it up to her. Carefully, she unrolled the message:

$5bil in cash each time you hit wolf bite below 5k with captures (and sacks, if he has any resources)
Not kidding this time. Also, sorry about your weasel

The Almighty Firetooth, Once and Future King of Mossflower

$5 billion in cash....a measly $5 billion in cash.

Briar was genuinely offended. She could make $5 billion without lifting a finger. She looked down at the cricket, who was still trembling. Bringing bad news to the Otterpop Empress was an almost guaranteed one-way ticket to a deep freeze. She lifted her paw to beckon her guards to carry the poor messenger away when he let out another Chirp.

"More news? You had better hope that it was better than your last or it's a nice cold sleep for you"

Prentice pulled out another slip of paper from under his wing. This one was different. Heavier. More expensive. She put it up to her nose. The distinct smell of Leprechaun Gold wafted up at her.

To Her Most Cold-Heartedness,

It is with humblest of hearts thatweI would like to request you accept this offer to join the great clan of Woof. If you accept, you can expect glory behind your wildest imaginations and access to the fount of knowledge held within our clansmen. Your prompt response is greatly appreciated.

Your Humble Servants,
The Woof Council

Briar stared down at the message, re-reading it several times before letting if fall to the ground. Never had such a stoic clan offered her a position before. But her mind couldn't help thinking that there was something more to the offer. Were they trying to control her? Keep her close so they could gain without worry about her meddling? A dark mood fell on her. She lifted her paw and ground the message into the hard floor.

No.

She strode to the open window and looked out at the miles of huts built. Her cloak was caught by the morning wind and billowed behind her creating a flowing backdrop.

"Everybeast! Awaken! Prepare your troops, for we march on Woof tomorrow!"

The air filled with the raucous sound of her blood thirsty army. A vicious sneer spread across Briar's face. She turned to prepare herself for battle. As she began to gather her weapons, the heavy oak door to the Great Hall flew open revealing one of her weasel lieutenants.

"M'lady, he's coming! The B—"

Before he could finish his sentence, the weasel fell face down, dead, on the floor. A curved sabre jutting out from his shoulder blade. Briar cautiously approached the body. Examining the blade, she could tell that it was finely crafted, then the hilt caught her eye. The initials "L.P" glistened in the low light.

L.P

Long Patrol.

"Change of plans." Briar thought to herself. "The Badger Lord of Salamandastron is coming."
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?