Should I Join the Poultry Club

Started by Neobaron, September 21, 2016, 02:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no poultry experience required

Yes
No
what kind of school are you going to anyway?

Juska

Quote from: windhound on September 21, 2016, 07:56:43 PM
...offensive Juska? 

My family has chickens...

Also, Neo, the Yes's hold 5:3.  You have your answer!

Yes...but do you have a sister? I was trying to be funny. Looks like it didn't land.

Also, it surprises me that you have chickens Firetooth, not sure why but I didn't really picture that.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Neobaron

Poultry Club Fact-finding Mission Report

As it turns out, the Poultry club ceased to exist at the end of 2014.

The reason the board is still up is the first floor of the Ag-Sci building was remodeled into offices over the summer of 2015, which is just before I started attending. As the offices are a low-traffic area, the board has simply not been claimed by a new organization to use so this is all that remains of what was apparently a vibrant club that was sponsored by a local poultry co-op and hosted 4H activities and omelette sales. 

I only saw the board because I take a back staircase to avoid crowds, so it makes sense that few would pass the board and since most of the offices are going to be used sparingly when profs are in their office hours or between classes, it has been ignored.

However, on closer examination of this board and the ones around it, it became clear that everything in the hall is hopelessly outdated, stripped of info packets and fliers, and ripped in places. The packet you see hanging off the board in the first image is a primer on the co-op and its functions, members, and mission.

I'm sorry I cant join the poultry club. I'd launch an effort to reinvigorate it and win first prize in an obscure regional poultry competition anime-style, but sadly I do not have the poultry knowledge to accomplish such a feat.

:(
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

Quote from: Neobaron on September 22, 2016, 09:35:29 PM
As it turns out, the Poultry club ceased to exist at the end of 2014.

Big Chicken got to them.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Neobaron on September 22, 2016, 09:35:29 PM
this is all that remains of what was apparently a vibrant club that was sponsored by a local poultry co-op and hosted 4H activities and omelette sales. 

Just start it up again by making omelettes! What better way is there to appreciate poultry? Except for, well...eating chicken.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Briar

Shael's post reminded me of this meme.

At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Gen. Volkov

That meme is both awful and funny. Well done.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES