Will do a playthrough of both to see all sides of the game
5 (50%)
Mostly play a neutral character
1 (10%)
All good, all the time
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

windhound

So for games like Fallout, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, ElderScrolls, Witcher, and so on that allow you to choose a path, how do you play?

Do you take the 'bad', evil, and/or morally questionable route, or do you stick to the good options? 

In some games I'll lean towards a more neutral playthrough, in most I'll stick to the 'good' options. 
Never have really gone for the bad path; for some games I'll watch a playthrough if I'm curious what that path looks like (ie, Undertale Genocide run).
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Uiblis

most normal path first

most unethical second

if I like the game enough to play it again afterward I'll be an angel

only exception is Undertale which I did in reverse order lmao
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Durza

only experience i have had with this is skyrim, where I did different archetype runs.  Haven't done my murder death spree yet though
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Neobaron

Neutrality now, neutrality tomorrow, and neutrality forever.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Krowdon

I feel bad picking the "bad" options so I'm usually good, occasionally neutral.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Shadow

I can rarely bring myself to not be the good guy
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

I usually do the normal/good path, and I rarely play the game a second time. In Fallout 4, I always felt bad choosing the "evil/mean" dialouge option, even though I knew it didn't really have any long term effects. Every once in a while I would choose the sarcastic one.

My sister though tends to play through both good and evil routes. Recently she's been creating content (for upvotes, of course) to show the side of Fallout that most of us good players never see.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iPmuEfES-s&index=1&list=PLiUBLuxRvdTfjNtdU2Td2Rw8lWuFfrXxI
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

The whole point of RP is to play different roles and try to see things from the perspective of different characters. I usually play my first playthrough in line with my own values and principles, so sort of like neutral or perhaps chaotic good (ish), but then subsequent ones have to vary a bit.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

I'll play through as both, usually. Though to be honest, I haven't played a whole lot of those types of games.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES