Woof = Drama

Started by wolf bite, October 05, 2016, 07:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

Here we go again, and again it seems. By now most of you are probably trying to read between the lines on the drama of today. Let us back track a moment. As most of you know Firetooth forced the Woof clan into a war with me and my Honor clan because he just could not tolerate me being peaceful. After I went after the woof clan's networth, the other players in the game had a problem with me destroying things. Around that time the Badger was announced and I backed down from the war. Made peace with woof and agreed we would all work as a team for the better of all.

Within 24 hours a woof member broke the truce. Being a fair minded K9 I accepted the woof explanation and did not even post about it.

Apparently there has been problems in the woof ranks where Firetooth still wanted a war. For what reasons beyond his ego you will need to ask him. The woof clan knew this, could not tame their member and did not bother to warn me. My intel tells me this morning he let his clan know he intended to break the truce. The management did not boot their member and did not send me warnings.

Firetooth and his "Bro" (who I have always suspected is a multi-account because what brothers still live in the same basement after 14 years) do a back stab sneak attack with 119 leader missions in what is called a leader suicide. Of course they broke through. Untrained archers can take out a swordsman if there are enough shots being fired. The damage done under the flag of Woof was $160 Billion cash and 1.5 Billion food.

Let us put in perspective how much this is. If all the cash purchased food at the merc price of $10 then it would be 310,000,000 net worth. About half of what the active members of woof have. They acknowledge the fault is theirs and should pay the bill I have sent them. Needless to say they can't afford it without destroying everything they have built. Just think how many skiffs it would take to carry all that loot.

One may say, "Shouldn't woof be more upset at Firetooth and his 'bro' then only booting him until next round?"
Another may say, "Wasn't the old wolf in last rank 2 weeks ago, how was the crafty wolf hiding that much net worth?"
My clan is saying, "Slay the evil dogs that let this happen!"

But the real question is where to go from here? With The Badger coming if I take out woof in retaliation then the meaning of this game will never happen. Waiting for woof payment after they break The Badger will just be table scraps. Attacking Firetooth who has nothing will just be a never ending waste of time.

Open for suggestions and discussion ....

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Shadow

unrelated to the actual happenings, but for the record Sharptooh and Firetooth are definitely two real people, as I've talked to both of them together over voice chat.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

QuoteApparently there has been problems in the woof ranks where Firetooth still wanted a war. For what reasons beyond his ego you will need to ask him. The woof clan knew this, could not tame their member and did not bother to warn me. My intel tells me this morning he let his clan know he intended to break the truce. The management did not boot their member and did not send me warnings.

I was at work this morning, I had no idea what had happened until I logged on this evening. I couldn't have booted him even had I known what was going on, seeing as I didn't have my phone and the work computers block RWL . Shadow is/was the only other member with the power to boot people, and as far as I know, he was at work while this was going down as well. That said, this happened while Firetooth was a member of Woof, and I accept blame for that aspect of it.

Oh, and confirming what Shadow said, the tooth brothers are definitely two people. I've had voice conversations with them as well.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Briar

Your work computer blocks RWL? Dang....

Because of the Badger, you may just have to do nothing.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Firetooth

See, accusing me of multi play is exactly why you needed to be taken down a peg. You've become sanctimonious and unable to accept your own middling ability, so just cry cheat every time you lose...and you lose a lot.

Unhappy that woof kicked me but hey, I get that they had their reasons. I'm sure I'll get over it soon enough, and now honour are weaker heading forwards. I'll cut my losses here.

Also, takedowns are easy in theory but tough in practice, simply due to the limited time most (not WB) of us seem to have to play this game. Sharp had a lunch break at work, and I managed to catch him for the last 45minutes of that...id wanted to do this earlier.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

You too?

Man, it's somehow comforting that nothing has changed in the 10 years since I last played this game haha.

wolf bite

Oh, so ... this post has been rather quite. Meanwhile I see Firetooth just got a heap load of aid.

Should there not be a lot of outrage?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Firetooth

Nobody sent me aid. Have you actually gone senile, or is this just in character?
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Briar

did he just take his food off market?
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Firetooth

I've literally done nothing.

Also, an admin publicly promoting this conspiracy about me and sharp? I'm not forgetting that - it's entirely inappropriate.

wolf bite

Urg .... again.

Let us also try to keep factual ... again.

Myself, shadow, shael and windy are only Admins when we are doing admin functions. I even go the extra step to put (Admin Duties) to clarify. We can chat and have opinions. No one yells that an Admin is for or against a political candidate because they posted something. Let us not try to change or twist the established rules because it is me.

The words "I have always suspected is a multi-account" is a true statement. After all, when I left 5 years ago no one could verify you were two people and the Admins debated the issue at the time. If at some time later they verified, then fine. But to be accused, would be someone stating something as a FACT, not suspecting.

Thus, I did not accuse you nor was I acting as an Admin.

Let me think of an example of an accusation, Hummm, oh ... here one is: "an admin publicly promoting this conspiracy about me and sharp". Let us get past this who accused who shall we?

Just another example of things being taken out of context. Wanting to prove an opinion by twisting facts does not make the opinion correct.

Also trying to divert the conversation about the actions you actually did do by making unfounded statements yourself is not helping your cause. Even if it was true someone robbed a bank 10 years ago does not give someone else the right to run them over. Two unrelated issues.

I think the take away here is that no matter what I do or say, Firetooth will try to find ways to justify his actions.

I again, being back on topic, where is the outrage?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Marell

Apologies in advance,  I know we're trying to get back on topic,  but I'll quickly add my two cents. There were people to jump to Firetooths defence, so it's only fair someone does the same for WB...

Despite working with you many times in the past FT, the idea has even crossed my mind recently that you and sharptooth could be multi-accounts, so I don't blame WB for at least floating the idea. The Firetooth account was highly active and visits the forums.  The Sharptooth account meanwhile lay dormant,  but was suddenly brought into action to assist in a takedown on WB, and with the job done,  has disappeared into obscurity once more. 

I'm glad we've clarified that this is not the case. Apologies for thinking you could be so evil :P
Still,  while not multi-accounting, the event described above really sounds like the next best thing. Certainly a handy advantage, so i can't blame WB for feeling a little ganged-up on.
Within the rules though,  so fair bump,  play on!

Firetooth

WB is such a bloody lawyer - he doesn't need anyone to jump to his defence. I used to respect him a lot, and was actually very cooperative when he first complained about being captured, but I've really lost respect for him due to his conduct this round - it's entirely unbecoming of an admin to victimise their playerbase in this way. But let's look at what he actually said:

Quote from: wolf bite on October 05, 2016, 07:32:10 PM

Firetooth and his "Bro" (who I have always suspected is a multi-account because what brothers still live in the same basement after 14 years)

First off, the basement personal attack is entirely unbecoming of an admin (or anybody who is not 12). Seconly, any intelligent person would make the inference here that he's accusing me of cheating. If it was a new player, fair enough, I could appreciate that. But WB knows we aren't multiple accounts - as he alludes to here:

QuoteThe words "I have always suspected is a multi-account" is a true statement. After all, when I left 5 years ago no one could verify you were two people and the Admins debated the issue at the time. If at some time later they verified, then fine. But to be accused, would be someone stating something as a FACT, not suspecting.

So a) he says these discussions went on FIVE YEARS ago! Why is he dregging this up? Clearly, the admins verified that sharp is not a multi. Are the admins incompetent? b) he says that the Admins debated the issue...that's fine. But why make it public? Any impartial and fair admin would not publicly attack and accuse a member of a community if there was such an issue. Rather, they would discreetly approach the individual and then talk with them, and the supposed multi, with the admins, behind closed doors; this kind of rumour and hearsay sticks long after it has been disproven.

As we have seen here, WB would rather fan accusations and distrust towards a long-term member of the community. He make no apology, rather twists his and my words to somehow try and absolve himself from blame. He finds way to distance himself from the responsibility that comes with an admin, whilst simultaneously trying to bend his words - deliberately oblique in structure, but not in meaning - so that they somehow do not say what any person of reasonable intelligence would assume they mean.

As for the whole "it was not admin duties" erm no. If I went out and bottled somebody tonight, I would, besides getting arrested, almost certainly get fired from my job. Saying "it wasn't on SU bar staff duties!" would not absolve me that. Buck up, and own your actions and words, and accept that you are a representative of the face of this sight, even when not officially acting in an administrative capacity.

But seriously. I'm not forgiving or forgetting this in a hurry. It is completely, 100% out of line for WB to behave like this. I actually very, very nearly stopped playing this round earlier, because I feel there is a certain amount of toxicity, but Volk persuaded me to stay. Me and at least one other (who I will not name) have very nearly quit, directly because of WB levying these kind of accusations. But he will not admit, and he will not learn, and he will keep doing the same thing over, and over, and over, whilst trying to portray himself as the hero and victim. He'll use his authority as admin to validate his position, whilst refusing to take on the responsibilities that come with that.

Finally:

QuoteI think the take away here is that no matter what I do or say, Firetooth will try to find ways to justify his actions.

Said without even a hint of irony.

I wouldn't care if WB literally just said yeah, I messed up, shouldn't have said that, let's move on. However, that's not his style, and until I receive an apology, I'm not going to forget this.

wolf bite

Back to off topic again are we? Changing the discussion to be an insulting personal attack does not change facts. Although I disagree with everything right down to you being cooperative at first, as apposed to threatening, which is what started all this and dragged woof in. But as to accounts ....

All "bro" accounts are suspect, and always will be because it is very easy to log into a Bro account on the same IP and excuse it as someone else. I believe it was me that gave him the approval when Sharptooth started. We know Firetooth has a brother, I have 2 of them, but nether of mine play RWL and don't use my computer because we don't live in the same house.

You tend to forget that I can see the IPs of those that post. After 14 years both accounts still sometimes log in under the same IP.

There are also 8 other accounts attributed to your IP (none currently in game) which also are flagged as a possible multi by the computer.

I have suspect for any "bro" account or anytime an IP is used on more than one account, as probably does all the admins and every player. A true statement.

Again I ask, trying to get back on topic, If woof does not approve, then where is the outrage?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Firetooth

Quote from: wolf bite on October 07, 2016, 01:16:29 PM
You tend to forget that I can see the IPs of those that post. After 14 years both accounts still sometimes log in under the same IP.

There are also 8 other accounts attributed to your IP (none currently in game) which also are flagged as a possible multi by the computer.

I have suspect for any "bro" account or anytime an IP is used on more than one account, as probably does all the admins and every player. A true statement.
So you're using your admin powers to try and discredit people you are actively playing against?

Sharp defo does not have the same IP as me; he recently moved out of home. Furthermore, even if he was still at home, I'm at uni. So that's a completely irrelevant point to raise, in suggesting that we're multis because of the recent takedown.

Furthermore, I have a bunch of nonsense forum accounts, eg. Dirty Harry and Blobfish. Pretty sure my sister has an account, too, though she isn't playing...brb getting my "sister" so I can get another account to cheat poor, abused WB with.

These are historic issues, sorted out so, so long ago. It is completely beneath you to bring it up now, and shows how desperate you are to appear as the victim-cum-hero. Even now, there is no apology or contrition. To quote the ending of a/every Trump tweet: sad!