The Badger is here!

Started by wolf bite, October 15, 2016, 10:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

Everything had become sleepy around Redwall with The Badger still not arriving. Some went back to their normal jobs forgetting about becoming ready for war. Others were so stressed out waiting for the pending doom they formed a new cult called "We Are Road Kill". The Admins and Mods kept working making plans in the Admin Castle. Maybe a bit more relaxed than they had been since they had many more breaks for occasional yoga classes.

The calm was broken with a storm. First a soft sound from the distance, then the yelling kept echoing by others until the words could be made out. "The Badger is here!" was being yelled by everyone. All the Admins ran to the window to look down into the courtyard to see if the battle was in town. There were citizens running around yelling as they made their way to their homes to grab their swords. Except for one, it was Firetooth slowly walking carrying a sign "Buy your goods at Tooth & Brother General Store."

All the Admins looked at each other because they could not see The Badger or what was exciting all the townsfolk. Holby walks over to the window, "I don't recall that mountain to the west?" In slow motion everyone looks up to see a badger the size of a mountain.

Back to the planning table they all run. Ideas where being shot out and quickly shot down. "Even with all of our forces put together we have no chance," said Shael gravely, "we are doomed."

Shadow rips out is abacus, looks at it then tosses it in the fire place. No one had a workable solution. In walked Northern Hordes with the daily mail and he noticed the gloom in the room. "Why are we not charging to war?" he asked.

wolf bite with his muzzle in in paws glanced up and said, "In all my years of being the Emperor Slayer I have never faced one where I am as small as their toe."

Thoughtfully Northern Hordes replied, "Surely you have not thought of all options? Such as there are the 4 armies flanking our town. Do we know what effect attacking them will have on The Badger?"

Straightening his back wolf bite boldly said, "All options are cannot be excluded until we know all the facts. Test them I say. To war against the minions!" With that he charges out to battle.

With a smirk Shadow laughed, "He keeps exiting out like that ... but he is right. We don't know all the information until we fight what we can. All warlords to the castle gate as we prepare to attack The Long Patrol!"

In short time all the warlords were standing side by side waiting for the horn of war to blow. With the trumpet sound the battle is on!

[The Badger is Too Big to attack. The 4 helpers are in the Long Patrol clan, they are fully automated bots that are interactive and not controlled by anyone. Test them to discover the secret to take out The Badger.]

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Firetooth

OOC: aid credits been changed?
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

No. I believe we set it up so that it will be achievable, albeit difficult, in the current setup provided people work effectively together.

If that is not the case we can revisit down the road.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Durza

Fun fact if anyone hasn't noticed it yet, viewing the long patrol clan shows the squads as being stoats instead of hares
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

wolf bite

Good job! There are many interesting things about The Badger and his 4 helpers. Watch them, test them to discover them. Then share what is known to everyone as we all put this together. 

(windy did a lot of work which is what took so much time. Ok, ... a lot of that was thinking about what to program, but he did an amazing job. Let us just hope he did not put too much AI into then and they don't take over the internet or anything!)

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

windhound

Quote from: Durza on October 16, 2016, 01:43:34 PM
Fun fact if anyone hasn't noticed it yet, viewing the long patrol clan shows the squads as being stoats instead of hares

Yep.  Noticed that after I moved the files off the test server, thought about fixing but didn't. 
The races are just aliased for simplicity sake. 

I'm going to sit back and watch the Badger and the bots for a bit, if I play it'll just be HPR till the Badger is down. 
Given Lucy has a bil net I don't really think there will be a problem breaking the Badger, esp. with how things were setup.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

austfit

Shadow

No, but nothing is stopping you from helping them ^_^
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

wolf bite

The battle of the Long Patrol will surely go down in Redwall history. Although the critters were warn and beaten, there was still enough energy to celebrate. After all, it was the first time all warlords worked together for a common cause, and none better than to save the Abby from the hares. Rumor had it that Volkov and wolf bite were even seen sharing an ale in Tooth and Bro Pub & Grub. But then all were happy. Even Ereptor almost smiled. But Shael was still concerned and needed to get her team back to the real threat ... The Badger. She rang the Abby bell to get everyone into the courtyard.

"Attention, attention!" she yelled over the chattering. "I am proud of all of you for the deed of removing the threat of the hares. Great job all of you. But let us not forget the real threat, The Badger. He may be only half his size, but still bigger than any of us. We need to march out and test his defenses."

Genevieve stepped forward and proclaimed, "I have at my control most of the armies of the Woof Clan and will run a test into him." with that, and stashing some crumpets off the table into her pocket, she marched off to battle. All watched from the tower as her armies rode forward. With only a breath of it hot foul breath, The badger repelled all her grand forces.

Krowdon (who is also the leader of the "We Are Road kill" cult) yelled, "That beast is the devil! It is full of magic we have never seen before." The made everyone a little warried although they all knew it could not be true. No beast has that powerful of magic.

The whole town looked out to The Badger and it raised its paw summoning them.

[The battle is not over until The Badger is defeated. It may still have some tricks yet to be seen.]

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite

wolf bite

As Volkov and wolf bite were celebrating the death of the last hare they may have had a few too many ales. They both agreed that The Badger must be killed at all costs. Neither one could muster the forces to do it so they had no choice but to team together to save Redwall. There was also a level of greed as they agreed the spoils of war from taking out the Badger would be split between their clans to be given to their members for their bravery at war. The deal was struck.

Volkov first wanted to lead his forces against the enemy and needed to have his expedition financed. wolf bite went down to the lowest level of his cave to where he hides his gold. After rolling around in the loot, wolf Bite carried out a wheelbarrow and brought it to the Woof camp.

Volkov bought the best weapons he could find and fed his troops well then charged the Badger with his clan behind him. The battle was great, but still they could only weaken The Badger.

Back to the drawing board the 2 went. This time as Volkov had his clan train as many new armies as they could, wolf bite sent gold to his clan and told them to hire as many mercenaries as they could. Days later between the two clans they had nearly a Billion troops!

Wolf bite took command of the massive army with Volkov as his right hand general. Windy came running screaming, "Stop, Not during the harvest moon" but his words could not be heard over the sound of the stampede of the rat army. The rats charged The Badger and despite huge losses they toppled him onto his back. The old wolf, rather small in comparison to his enemy, jumped onto the chin of the badger and held his double broadswords high. "You have been taken out by the Emperor Slayer - Any last words beast", Wolf bite growled.

The Badger mumbled some words unknown to anyone in Redwall. It was a spell to bring back his minions to life to defend him by attacking the one who was about to slay The Badger.

[Glitch]

The Badger mumbled some words unknown to anyone in Redwall. It was a spell to bring back his minions to life to defend him by attacking the one who was about to slay The Badger.

wolf bite thought that something happened twice and had a strange feeling. He pondered for a moment that maybe his whole life was nothing but living in a Matrix. Suddenly he blacked out and everything turned green with numbers running vertically.

Back to awareness, the 4 hares started to move. Volkov fulfilling his deal to defend wolf bite, prepared to take on the hares in the greatest battle of all time. But then the hares fell back dead. The badger suddenly disappeared and wolf bite fell to the ground. Then one hares appeared where the badger was and sneak attacked the unprepared wolf bite with mighty blows. This was magic that totally confused the simple creatures of Redwall. As both wolf bite and Volkov retreated from this evil everything blurred ...

(End glitch)

The two found themselves back in the pub making plans as if none of the above happened.

[The Admins are very sorry for the glitch. Everything has been reset and the badger's losses in the battle will continue to be losses as the badger is now weaker from the attacks. But now everyone knows what the last and final twist to this adventure will be.]

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Firetooth

^no mention of all my food I have so you could support that many rats
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

wolf bite

I never borrowed food or cash from woof. They were spending that to feed the ones they were making. I am sure that helped them a lot in making so many. But I feed my own rats and the rats I borrowed from woof I sent back with full tummys. :)

It was really all the help we got from all players in the game that made the break possible ... too bad it did not count. :(

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Sevah

This is a terrible takedown attempt. Does anybody know what they're doing or is it just brute force coupled with dumb luck?

From now on, pass the rats to a Rat. Give him some loyalty to mission heal and attack from high health.
Max attacks and all successful. Repeat. Drop the acres at the start of the run if needed, helps healing and is easily retrieved from the landfarm later on.
This was only a 5b badger, what's the big issue? That's like $300b tops to break if you're all using teamwork.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Wolf Snare

Your raiders gather their provisions and venture forth,
Your battlefield healers move quickly around the battlefield, healing the injured.
Your Army breaks through Badger Lord's defenses and captures 3,030 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
12,356,176 Rats
In their defense, Badger Lord lost:
25,045,088 Mice
You also grabbed $875,269,784 Cash!
You also grabbed 105,107,653 Food!

Rats (?)   359,781,914

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Wolf Snare

Made the rats during my run, but if anyone wants to listen to Sevz advice, send a bit of loyalty my way for healing purposes and ill max him.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)