Battle of the Long Patrol

Started by wolf bite, October 19, 2016, 12:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

First there was the long stare between the sides as they sized each other up. The critters of Redwall stood proud and unafraid of the pending battle. The Lady Shael stood in the center with Volkov on one side and wolf bite on the other. Next to them were the Woof and Honor clans respectfully, then JKWC, Northern and EOTP. In the next line of warlords stood the unclaned. It was so silent the grass could be heard growing.

On the other side were the 4 white Hares of the Long Patrol. They chomped and hissed waiting to bring the blood of their enemies back to their master, The Badger. They could hold back no longer and charged. Shael gave out a gasp and with that Redwall warlords charged the hares. Blades and spares were clashing. The Woof clan all aimed at one hare and the force of their armies charging knocked the first hare onto its back. Honor used its skill attacking the second hare by ducking the hares blow then swinging up on top of it and riding the beast. Juska took on one by himself with his massive amount of rats who completely covered the third hare. windy organized the unclaned warlords to charge the forth hare who turned and ran in fear.

The first wave of attacks went surprisingly well as the hares proved to be untrained fighters. All 4 of them retreated back across the field. Redwall rejoiced and cheered that they had won. With the hares pushed back so fast even The badger would be no problem. Holby and Firetooth even started to plan afternoon tea.

TS said, "I thought they were white, now they are gray?!"

Everyone looked over and sure enough, the Hares were bigger and gray. Again to the war lines everyone went for the second wave. Woof charged, but this time the Hare plowed right through them. Honor with all agility attacked, but the Hare clapped its paws together and squashed them. Juska's rats attacked the third but the hare simply jumped over them. Windy's crew beat their chests  and drums but this time the hare charged them, forcing a fast retreat.

All made it back inside the town's gates which were then firmly sealed with the sound of the 4 hares scratching at the walls. Everyone thought the hares were not fearsome but they must have mutated or something. "Who saw what?" demanded Shadow, "someone write down what we know so we can formulate a counter strike."

[The Hares are evolving and may become more of a threat then first perceived. Use this thread to note what you have observed to uncover the secrets of the Long patrol.]

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Sevah

Squad beta number 53 attacked his own clanmate Squad Charlie 4x with Naval assault. Unsure how this works.
Sun, 16 Oct 2016 09:00:02 -0700   Squad Beta (#53)
Clan: LP   Squad Charlie (#54)
Clan: LP   Naval Assault
546 Acres

They also copy attacks to a degree. Used mostly navals after being hit with navals and since being hit with frontal started using frontal.
The badger hasn't dropped networth so perhaps they are gaining those benefits?
Someone keep an eye on if they grow during your run. I think they're hidden races all called hare but they have different bonus. Different defense on leaders when I tried to get all of their stats. They had the same leader count, I got 2 of them and failed the third. Later on got the third which had identical leaders and land.

So there's a few starting points at least. I think the more you indy the bigger they grow and the more resources we make the more they get resources instead. No idea just speculating blindly.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

wolf bite

When they first started I noticed they take time between each of them running. They seem to attack people 4 times, unless they don't break then they don't attack that person again.

Also strange is that after they run they seem to get bigger. When they started that were about 93M net. now look at them. Not sure if that is a race thing, they are getting aid, or are running full turns in indy. But maybe something to watch.

Right now they are:

8    ?    Squad Beta (#53)    15,355    $158,389,015    LP (War)    Hare    Western Shores
9    ?    Squad Charlie (#54)    14,807    $147,559,452    LP (War)    Hare    Western Shores
14    ?    Squad Delta (#55)    25,119    $136,924,453    LP (War)    Hare    Western Shores
15    ?    Squad Alpha (#52)    16,095    $127,505,166    LP (War)    Hare    Western Shores

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Sevah

I'm not sure how this works yet but I noticed the badger got attacked once and dropped around 400million networth? Were they killed in one failed attack or has he started burying assets?
Cos if the badger is aiding there is a great chance his ratio is not as powerful as we assume. Unless there's some cheating and he can hold more leaders than huts it's not going to be very difficult for me to get through his leaders.

I'll keep a very close eye on the activity of this LP crew. Whoever can actively post their stats please feel free to copy regular espionages and paste them here or send them to my warlord for evaluation.
Interesting to see. I hope they run turns soon so we can gather more information. Perhaps we can get someone who is ready to run to test a few moves against them?
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Twilight Shadow

So when Lucy did her attack to the badger lord, I see that the 4 hares at an identical time attacked her with a standard attack. Just something to note if one becomes big enough to hit the badger.

Otherwise they have been running 12 hours apart and use all of their turns in basically "0" seconds.

windhound

Ahhah, awesome.
I just put in the bot retal last night, and Lucy attacked this morning. 
Cheers for testing that Lucy!

To be clear, the bots are actually only sudo-NPC's. 
My old Turbo bots were full NPC's that played by the game's rules, the RtR bots are special (simpler and way more resilient). 

The initial bot setup was slightly different than running state, but they've all run now. 

The Badger's networth was supposed to be recalculating as it went (it'll lose a little net each time a bot runs).  When Lucy attacked it forced a networth update and the sudden drop. 
Not a bug, necessarily, but an oversight.  Sorry 'bout that. 

I do need to make a minor adjustment to the Badger, it's net will go up just a bit due to that (wont affect troop totals). 

Oh, I did have a typo initially ($user vs $users) that allowed Beta to attack Charlie.  I fixed that, they shouldn't have attacked each other since. 
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Some stats:
Squad Beta (#53)
Turns (?)   550 (max 550)
Turns Stored (?)   150 (max 150)
Rank (?)   #8
Workers (?)   450
Acres (?)   15,355
Cash (?)   $15,000,000,000
Food (?)   3,500,000,000
Loyalty (?)   500
Networth (?)   $158,389,015

Location (?)   Western Shores
Race (?)   Stoat
Health (?)   98%
Tax Rate (?)   11%
Mice (?)   4,760,041
Moles (?)   3,180,432
Hares (?)   3,180,432
Ships (?)   7,543,910
Officers (?)   2,598,061

Squad Charlie (#54)
Rank (?)   #9
Workers (?)   224
Acres (?)   26,239
Food (?)   3,500,000,000
Loyalty (?)   500
Networth (?)   $152,599,872

Race (?)   Stoat
Health (?)   98%
Tax Rate (?)   11%
Mice (?)   4,070,084
Moles (?)   2,713,389
Hares (?)   9,422,514
Ships (?)   1,695,869
Officers (?)   2,625,000

Squad Delta (#55)
Rank (?)   #12
Workers (?)   259
Acres (?)   25,119
Food (?)   3,500,000,000
Loyalty (?)   500
Networth (?)   $136,924,453

Race (?)   Stoat
Health (?)   98%
Tax Rate (?)   11%
Mice (?)   3,007,435
Moles (?)   2,004,956
Hares (?)   7,287,980
Ships (?)   1,253,099
Officers (?)   2,625,000

Squad Alpha (#52)
Rank (?)   #15
Workers (?)   292
Acres (?)   16,095
Food (?)   3,500,000,000
Loyalty (?)   500
Networth (?)   $127,505,166

Race (?)   Stoat
Health (?)   98%
Tax Rate (?)   11%
Mice (?)   3,738,117
Moles (?)   8,000,485
Hares (?)   2,492,079
Ships (?)   1,557,550
Officers (?)   2,511,244
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Gen. Volkov

I think a coordinated run on the LP clan is needed. Inflict some real damage, and see how they react. I'd also like to see if its possible to kill a member of the LP clan.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

wolf bite

I agree. Honor will work with woof to remove the hares from the game.

I just did a run on Alpha after one of the woof members started. I got it under 1,000 land. So They Can be killed!

Must use Standard attack under 1,000 land.

Go for it team!

I figure one of them will run by 9 PM PST, so get it done now.

16    ?    Squad Alpha (#52)    959    $110,113,601

Wolf Bite

Grand Master Wolf Bite

Briar

At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

wolf bite

She made several failed standard attacks.

The hare has a rather large army for his size. Since most of us are only running one or two attack armies, it will take a lat of them to standard.

Mice (?)   3,738,117
Moles (?)   8,000,485
Hares (?)   2,492,079 Less now that we have been attacking stoats
Ships (?)   1,557,550

Did I mention that there is only about 2 ours left before this bot may run and we have to start all over again?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Shadow

I got a few standards through, but I had almost no resources to work with so I couldn't finish
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Vargarth

Your raiders gather their provisions and venture forth,
3 empires rushing to defend your target,
Your battlefield healers move quickly around the battlefield, healing the injured.
Your Army breaks through Squad Alpha's defenses and captures 1 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
1,746 Weasels
370,132 Stoats
355 Skiffs
In their defense, Squad Alpha lost:
17,140 Moles
145 Hares
638 Ships
Squad Alpha (#52) has been destroyed!
You've killed one of the Badger's helpers! The Badger has been weakened.
Collapsing and Expanding Dem Categories with no help from Kilk!

windhound

Hah..  should have given the poor guy more weasels
Since the networth update isn't functioning at the moment, before and after

1    ?      Badger Lord (#51)    500,000    $9,987,668,572    None    Badger    Western Shores
1    ?      Badger Lord (#51)    500,000    $8,276,098,853    None    Badger    Western Shores

Make of that what you will
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't