RtR Awards

Started by Firetooth, December 01, 2016, 05:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

RtR awards. Same format as turbo, but I've got rid of some of the "worst" awards as they're kind of mean

Best player: feel it was one for the solo players. Blood awake produced like a boss
Worst player: I feel everybody was good this time, so gonna leave this one blank
Best leader: I think I did a pretty good job pumping food out al round. Sevz, Manus and Blood Wake also produced lots
Best Indy: Shadow. Juska was also good when he was around
Best farmer: Whoever foooooood was...had like 30bil food still marketed, and showed up late
Best casher: didn't see any
Best solo player: blood wake, but TS also did a grand job all round
Best clan: Woof, Volk ran a tight ship over there and got the win for our clan
Worst clan: By default, Honour. Did a good job breaking the badger alongside woof, but awful at diplomacy and end-of-round planning
Most improved: TS and Varg, you were way better than I remember haha
Biggest surprise: zombie alpha
Biggest disappointment: so basically the reason I left woof earlier in the round was because a bunch of oldbies were gonna come back and make a new clan, and they told volk they'd destroy all our net and stop anyone breaking the badger unless woof ditched me. I didn't feel that was in the spirit of the round, or site, at all.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

wolf bite

Hummm, we are not going to put "the "worst" awards as they're kind of mean" ... unless they are about wolf bite or his clan. Always seems to be a double standard when it come to me. Hehe.

How about:
Most biased: Firetooth

As to which CLAN won: 

Clan Rankings - By Average Networth (3 Member Minimum)

Knights of Honor   Honor
3   $1,373,087,959   $4,119,263,878
The Dog Clan   Woof
6   $342,250,870   $2,053,505,221
Empire of the Phoenix   EOTP
4   $43,696,871   $43,696,871

Clan Rankings - By Total Networth (3 Member Minimum)

Knights of Honor   Honor
3   $1,373,087,959   $4,119,263,878
The Dog Clan   Woof
6   $342,250,870   $2,053,505,221
Empire of the Phoenix   EOTP
4   $43,696,871   $43,696,871

Even prior to the woof clan sending their aid to Firetooth and the attack on me, Honor had half the members and more net worth. Honor won pre and post the end of the game.

Just the facts.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Firetooth

Man let it go lol. We have like, what, three, maybe four threads dedicated to you hating on woof lol? If you have a problem, at this stage best to let it go on the forums and take it out next round yeah.

I feel you need some worst awards, to reflect the winners and losers in the big wars. I didn't even put anyone down for worst player.

Also, add the $3.7bil net I had onto woof's 2bil and they trounce you. If you're counting BW as Honour after being unclanned all round, you can count me as woof despite not being formally clanned at the end. And honour lacking members means they were seen as a less lucrative clan to join then woof - who already had fairly stringent membership requirements. So that's a failing on the part of outreach and leadership, not a success of a plucky underdog (plus you had sevz and snare attached)
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

wolf bite

My point was you should let it go. I only pointed out an insult you made and incorrectly stated as awards people would all agree with.

Facts, not insults.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Firetooth

I didn't make this thread to insult Honour, lol; I used to make one of these threads every turbo round. It just happens that woof won and honour lost, thus woof, in my opinion, were the better clan. Don't be so thin-skinned as to take every little thing as a huge slight against your character...

Edit: also the point of these threads is people vote - my first post isn't a definitive ruling lol, these are democratic awards that let people express themselves. The admins used to do admin awards that were more official. So I never claimed honour being worst clan was fact.

wolf bite

Ok, My vote

Worst clan: Woof. If not for them forcing wolf bite to play "competitively" they would not have lost the game.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Firetooth

^the point is you vote in every category, not just one as a way to single people out. You're doing the exact thing you accused me of doing - why do you have to be so vindictive?

Gen. Volkov

Best player: Shadow, he was a machine pumping out troops all round.
Worst player: Hard to say, a lot of people went inactive.
Best leader: Solo, Blood Wake, clanned Firetooth or Manus
Best Indy: Shadow by far.
Best farmer: Foood
Best casher: Shael, by default I think.
Best solo player: TS
Best clan: Given that we were in a position to decide who won or lost the round at the end, I'd have to say Woof.
Worst clan: Northern, didn't make any impact at all.
Most improved: Vargarth
Biggest surprise: Neo going inactive midround, right before the badger showed up, even though it was his idea.
Biggest disappointment: Neo, Shael, and Kilk going inactive, and Holbs never joining up.

Quote from: wolf bite
Worst clan: Woof. If not for them forcing wolf bite to play "competitively" they would not have lost the game.

Oh Jesus Christ, give it a rest.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Briar

Neo, Shael, TS, and I were going to clan up once the badger came....but Neo and Shael went inactive just before :(
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Sevah

Best Player: Firetooth. Excellent display of patience stockpiling and resilience to the destruction going on around us.
Worst Player: Genevieve. She should have opened up the emperor with suicides instead of failed attacks at high desertions.
Best leader: Myself for highest Loots @$2.25b per 2 turns. Most loyalty, leaders plus cash and most leaders on a daily basis. At one stage I reached over 50m leaders.
Best Indy: Snare. Out of nowhere he took down the badger.
Best farmer: Foood.
Best Casher: None
Best Solo: TS or Northern Hordes
Best Clan: Honor. In all aspects they were a highly respectable clan and very capable of winning had it not been the last minute betrayal.
Worst clan: Woof. What happened with breaking the emperor? Not only did you novices make a career out of it you did it the worst way possible throwing failed desertions at him. Can you say "8% desertions"? The incompetence was hilarious and it could have been done within days rather than months.
Most Improved: Durzak. Kept an eye on this warlords movements and genuinely saw improvements all across the board. Keep it up.
Biggest Surprise: Being on the same team as Ereptor who I thought was a mythological legend and didn't really exist.
Biggest disappointment: The badger. Too many idiots totally ruined it. From spreading the land to inefficient attacks.
Also, the people who went inactive.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Gen. Volkov

Sevz, suiciding the emp was and is idiotic. It was designed by windy and Shadow, both of whom are well acquainted with leader takedowns. Of course they would have well defended the badger against them. I have proof of this too, after the badger was broken, I started using capture on him. Capture takes between 1 and 2% of the leaders of the player being captured. I was getting between 2 and 6 million leaders per capture, this means the badger had at minimum, 200 million leaders, and probably closer to 300 or 400 million. Even the minimum gives him a 400 ratio on 500k land. It would have taken longer than the round lasted to suicide away enough of the badgers leaders to murder or poison him.

Also, Woof would have broken the badger much earlier had you and Snare not decided to chaos away 700 million rats. The day you did it, I had 400 million rats and Lucy had 700 million, which combined would have given Lucy over a billion, and broken the badger. So not only are your criticisms hilariously wrong, they are disingenuous to boot.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

Can confirm that the badger was designed to be immune to suicides unless everyone kept him maxxed with suicides every day for most of the round.

It could have been done, but it would not have happened any faster than the troop break that did occur.

We wanted to force people to cooperate and come together to make the break happen, rather than just solo suicide runs.

Sevs is correct that desertions could have been avoided by using a rat for the break, since rats don't take fear losses with battlefield healers up. But I wasn't very active at the time of the break, and Woof had no other rats, so Woof made do with what they had.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Genevieve

Best player: Shadow, what a boss
Worst player: Me. I forgot how to play then I got bored.
Best leader: Firetooth
Best Indy: Shadow. He's always the best at everything.
Best farmer: Fooooooooooooooooooood
Best casher: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Best solo player: Blood wake
Best clan: Woof. At one point it felt like it included nearly all of the active players.
Worst clan: Honor. MORE LIKE DISHONOR AMIRITE?
Most improved: TS
Biggest surprise: Neo dropping out after talking up some big secret game plan.
Biggest disappointment: Wolf bite whinging to the point where he ruined the game for everyone.