Permanent Classic Server

Started by Firetooth, December 02, 2016, 10:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we have a permanent classic server ala RtR (or maybe just old-school Turbo)

Yes
8 (57.1%)
Yes
1 (7.1%)
Also Yes
3 (21.4%)
No
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

windhound

Will make another post for it, plus send out notifications in reg and turbo, but we are likely going down to a single server
Aiming for midnight EST Dec 31st, reset everything and open a single reg server with 2 turns every 10, 550/150 storage

And congrats Juska, that's a solid excuse for not finishing the round
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Ok, right on, thank for the update!
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Lynam

Quote from: windhound on December 16, 2016, 02:07:30 PM
Will make another post for it, plus send out notifications in reg and turbo, but we are likely going down to a single server
Aiming for midnight EST Dec 31st, reset everything and open a single reg server with 2 turns every 10, 550/150 storage

Anyone still playing?

Edit:  lolspammer, edited a link into the quote

Krowdon

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

GroverJohnson

Quote from: windhound on December 16, 2016, 02:07:30 PM
Aiming for phen375 https://theskinnyvibes.com/phen375-reviews-results/ results were amazing and midnight EST Dec 31st, reset everything and open a single reg server with 2 turns every 10, 550/150 storage

So, what was the outcome of the poll? Not as the number of votes, but what server was selected?

Wolf Snare

We should have a 3.0 server running alongside our reg code. So much went into balancing the game for us to not even use it!
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

Haha I thought you hated it ^_^
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Wolf Snare

Not a fan of change ;-) A complete replacement of the old code is unfavourable, but two different versions of turbo would be great! Fire up the server.  :D
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

Eh, that would mostly be on windy to set up. I'm not 100% sure how. Would anyone else play it?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

Snare just wants Turbo back :P

tbh I don't blame you, it was fun.
But I maintain that we really don't have the playerbase to support an active Turbo server.
Hybrid-reg was a compromise, and so far everyone seems okay with it.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Wolf Snare

What's that windy??? Put it to a poll vote?!? :D

I honestly think we should have a server running 3.0. It wouldn't be redundant because they're two entirely different games. People playing RWL ATM would sign up for 3.0 without thinking twice. Being good at the old code guarantees you no advantages in 3.0 and because of the drastically different playing styles I believe both games would flourish.

After all, Kyle poured countless hours into balancing the features in 3.0, making it incredibly competitive. Missing a run had a lot more of an impact on your empire, because every day of the month other players were competing with you neck and neck for that first place slot at the end of the month.

The balances were quite on point, preventing massive advantages from cropping up seemingly out of no where ( as is currently happening in game now) which encouraged players to check their empires daily, lest they miss out and fall behind. Am I the only one that remembers the spike in activity as people rushed to develop feasible new strategies?

Come on windy, can we put it to poll? :) think of how much fun Nero would have had figuring out a new food massing strategy on 3.0. Besides, as I mentioned, Shadow spent ages developing the game for us, why should we let a success fall to the wayside? I know I'm probably the last one you'd expect to be saying this (and I refrained from admitting it for this long) but I really thought there were some great ideas implemented on RWL 3.0.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Wolf Snare

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

windhound

austfit

Wolf Snare

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)