The new era - 2018 competition

Started by Sevah, December 27, 2017, 09:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevah

Can we get 2 landfarms?

Wait.
What about 4 or 5 landfarms?
Snare Disl and Myself are dedicating January to the new era of a thriving redwall.

We'll use all our turns towards for the first month scouting new land into the game and dropping it on the landfarm.
We encourage you to nudge all the old players to join next round as the competition will have an infinite amount of land available.

In the second month we'll be salvaging our land back and in the third month we'll be aiming for 123.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Briar

What would be the point of having multiple landfarms? Just drop to one like normal.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Durza

its not so much multiple landfarm bots, as it is landfarm + others.  (at least that's what I am seeing)
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Gen. Volkov

I predict this will last less than a week.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Disl

Sevz in the first month made around 150k land scouting/dropping. With fox you can generate 44k land with 550 turns on the correct set up (southsward, fox race, low land, drop land to land farm). Painted one has +5% explore rate vs fox. It would be interesting to calculate if the raw land generated from painted one surpasses the fox's income and merc bonus race advantage.

-land gainer strat: start on 300 acres for maximum explore rate, 15 turns explore until 1200 acres on empire. Drop and repeat. Save 16 turns at the end to attack land farm at the very end to spread land which slows down land lockers.

@ 12 turns per hour, 45 hours and 50 minutes = 550 turns. Or 80 acres per 10 minutes. 14,400 acres per day and 100,800 acres per week. With the 3 of us that is 302,400 weekly. The goal being 1,209,600 for the month.

Basically we will be playing like land farms, except better. The problem is land farm is usually created 1 week or more after the set starts which can slow down progress.

Years ago me and Sevz did a land strat in valhall that allowed us to make hundreds of billions of networth, we were standard attacking each other losing billions of networth in army losses. The strategy is viable due to the absurd land available. I personally won't fight for the land back/land locking as it is sub-optimal for netting purposes. Of course running no defense also means being a huge target. Non-aggression pacts for harmful stuff like steal/poison/sack would be recommended, but not enforced. If that sounds too much like happy pony raising I apologize. I think it would make for an interesting set nonetheless.

Shadow

There are lots of exploits possible in the RWL code. I'm not going to make it easier to do so.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Disl

Got 4 land droppers now! Also wanted to mention explore cap is 80 acres so any race that can hit 80 acres per turn can do the land drop strategy. So anyone can participate.

Sevah

:-X

Way too much land in play with all of us on duty. The idea was because we DESTROY the competition too easily. So we're repaying the playerbase with extreme generosity.
The 4th (tag along) can enjoy the fruits of our labor or I'll crush them.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Gen. Volkov

Yeah, I don't think this land drop thing is to "make it fair", I think you just want a lot of land to play with. I don't think a ton of land floating around the game is going to change anything if the playerbase remains as small as it is. Unless, of course, as you suggested, I put together a team to beat you, which I am considering.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Disl

Quote from: Sevah on January 01, 2018, 05:19:38 PM
:-X

Way too much land in play with all of us on duty. The idea was because we DESTROY the competition too easily. So we're repaying the playerbase with extreme generosity.
The 4th (tag along) can enjoy the fruits of our labor or I'll crush them.
You vastly overestimate yourself. You were broken plenty of times making the lock nearly unobtainable burning our resources. Also you were completely negligent in coordinating and participating. Not to mention the belligerent comments you made randomly in the chat.  Your ego subverts "we".

The land is for anyone who can obtain it because nobody can own land. They can sure as heck fight for it though, kind of like real life. The mass land opens up a strategy that can surpass even the standard leader strat. It is not a gift but simply a different way to play than normally explored.

Also how can you crush a passive explorer? They have nothing to destroy in the first place  ::)

Gen. Volkov

QuoteYou vastly overestimate yourself. You were broken plenty of times making the lock nearly unobtainable burning our resources. Also you were completely negligent in coordinating and participating. Not to mention the belligerent comments you made randomly in the chat.  Your ego subverts "we".

That sounds familiar. I won't work with Sevz anymore because he doesn't really understand the whole "team" concept.

That said, if I do get a team together to crush Sevz, it would be a little disappointing to me to not have you on the other side. As much fun as it is to crush Sevz at any time, getting a bit of revenge for the last set does hold a little attraction for me. That's the first time I've not been able to break a lock, and I have mad respect for you for doing it. Testing myself against other really good players is one of the reasons I still play this game.

Besides, I don't think I've ever played a set where someone didn't try to lock at some point. I don't think you're going to get the peaceful set you want. I've been hoping for that for years, and I've never seen it happen. Someone always tries too lock land.

Gen. Volkov

Well, I totally called it. I said Sevz would last less than a week doing the land dropping thing, and here we are less than a week after he started doing it, and he's attacking people again. LOL. So much for his "generosity".

2.3 hours ago   Sevz (#5) attacked you!   Your enemy captured 570 Acres of Land and destroyed:
2,480,930 Rats
296,386 Leaders
You managed to destroy:
1,672,436 Rats

Disl

Sevz is a mongy. Big networth numbers trigger his instinct to destroy, making him a loose cannon.  He is an engine of destruction, nobody can force him to play a certain way and his actions speak louder than his words. Certainly not one to trust.

By the by, 700,000 land total after 2 weeks. Seems we are ahead of schedule  ^_^
Losing one scouter changes nothing! Carry on lads!

Gen. Volkov

QuoteSevz is a mongy. Big networth numbers trigger his instinct to destroy, making him a loose cannon.  He is an engine of destruction, nobody can force him to play a certain way and his actions speak louder than his words. Certainly not one to trust.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Juska

Read the first post, ridiculous garbage! How about a set with no land dropping or land farms, force someone to show actual strategic prowess in this game.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19