The new era - 2018 competition

Started by Sevah, December 27, 2017, 09:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

No land dropping would be interesting. I second that idea.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Briar

I'd be in favor of that but I'd recommend that Land Farm scouts more land faster.  Land dropping helps a lot of players who struggle getting land otherwise.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Sevah

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on January 13, 2018, 10:13:48 AM
Well, I totally called it. I said Sevz would last less than a week doing the land dropping thing, and here we are less than a week after he started doing it, and he's attacking people again. LOL. So much for his "generosity".

2.3 hours ago   Sevz (#5) attacked you!   Your enemy captured 570 Acres of Land and destroyed:
2,480,930 Rats
296,386 Leaders
You managed to destroy:
1,672,436 Rats

I want to keep in range of most offenses and I was showing a new player how big I can get in one or two runs.
Did you see me jump to like 600m networth and aid it away?
Stop your crying or I'll give you something to cry about.

Quote from: Juska on January 16, 2018, 07:57:05 PM
Read the first post, ridiculous garbage! How about a set with no land dropping or land farms, force someone to show actual strategic prowess in this game.
"Who the fook is that guy?"
~Conor McGregor~
Jus kidding I missed you Juska.
No dropping land does nothing in this game. In the original code you could drop land and it's deleted from the round. Redwall was one of the first places to create a landfarm as far as I know. It was to keep the server growing because leaderers were probably dropping to ratio and stuffing up everyone else.
Doesn't matter what edits they do to the code I'll always be top dog. Rwl 2.0 had some real strange edits and I dominated every round that I was active. Smashed shadow pretty badly at his own game. People complained that I had an advantage because i tested it in beta but everyone tested it in beta so it's a moot point.

I'm just glad you're back. You were great at breaking big warlords it'll be interesting to see if you can stop us when we get to the fighting.

Also it's a surprise that there isn't very many players returning. Looks like Volks clan has scared them all away.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI want to keep in range of most offenses and I was showing a new player how big I can get in one or two runs.
Did you see me jump to like 600m networth and aid it away?
Stop your crying or I'll give you something to cry about.

I was and am laughing at you. I don't care what you do Sevah, I just think its funny when you prove me right.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Disl

1,260,084 total land in 26 days. I want to thank Sevz, Snare and Shoot for the land dropping contributions.

Disl

Quote from: Disl on January 26, 2018, 07:11:41 PM
1,260,084 total land in 26 days. I want to thank Sevz, Snare and Shoot for the land dropping contributions.

Compare this to last set which had 550,000 total land after 3 months. This should be an interesting set! Minus the land monopoly of course  :'(

Juska

The set length favors leader strategies, but land dropping doesn't help. The most fun occurs in the first ~10 days of a reg. set.

With that begin said land dropping is still fundamentally a useless function.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19