Hello fellow Vermin

Started by Grimm, January 02, 2018, 11:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

Quotebyakuya isnt even with us... A great first step to fighting a battle is knowing who your enemy is so you're welcome.

Funny that he was holding a great deal of your cash at one point, and participated in other activities that you guys were doing then.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

Quote from: Shoot on February 24, 2018, 12:37:05 PM
byakuya isnt even with us... A great first step to fighting a battle is knowing who your enemy is so you're welcome.

EDIT: Also it was less than 2 trillion cash (I had 1.7 when i hit the vacation button and my partner at the time had sent basically all of his cash to me) and, believe it or not, at the time I hit the vacation button we didn't have plans to war you guys (that changed when I discovered an extra 130 billion or so was missing before vacation took effect and my partner continuing to get sacked as well despite trying to resolve it peacefully). I took a vacation because the land was spread out so bad that the risk:reward ratio was too high, and there was no reason for me to just let baddies from a clan who can't produce their own cash to continue to steal mine.
so you have literally just admitted to abusing the vacation feature. Which is illegal but never has been punished, because nobody is ever silly enough to admit they didn't actually go on holiday and just used vacation as an invulnerability cheat button...

If you don't want people stealing your cash, you could use actual game mechanisms like troop defense to protect it.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Briar

Quote from: Wolf Snare on February 23, 2018, 09:09:23 PM
Certainly not to you. You guys are hard pressed to produce over 50b cash on those ratios  ::)

As a marten, I'm offended.  Have you never heard of redistribution of wealth?
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Gen. Volkov

Yes, the materialistic capitalist oppressors clearly do not understand the concept of a glorious communistic cooperative, in which each gives according to his ability and receives according to his need.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Wolf Snare

Lmao how many people do you need there volkov? Keep recruiting, I can smell your fear from here. 8vs4 and counting
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

Hey, not my fault if people don't like you guys. Maybe if you guys were a little less cocky, people wouldn't be lining up to whoop your butts. Also, we've added two people, so that's 7, not 8. As for you guys, based on attack patterns there are at least 5, maybe 6 people working on your side. It's hard to tell exactly, because you guys keep clan hopping and/or not joining a clan at all. So who's the one who's scared? The team that clan hops to avoid retaliation or the group that has been clanned, announcing who they are the entire time? The teams are nearly as uneven as you claim, and from where I'm sitting, I'm not the one who's scared, especially seeing as you've been desperately scrambling from strategy to strategy trying to counter us.

Firetooth

Plus hiding all your cash in vaca until you though you could lock.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Wolf Snare

What did you guys do for a whole month? As far as we're concerned you should be on 100b nw and 1m land. Pathetic scattered lot of you couldn't even pull ahead when we handed you the set. As soon as we started using turns to destroy networth, volk panicked and bombed a 9 billion NW lead. Since then he's frantically pmed several people on the forums, probably even logged into the ol' AOL instant messenger to recruit fellow brown nosers to take up arms against us evil-doers. It's been quite entertaining.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

windhound

Well they didn't try a landlock, I guess for noble reasons? 
Between the five of them they certainly could have.

I'd have (and, well, did..) initially massed resources instead of troops, no upkeep to deal with. 
But /shrug.
Are you actually complaining about more players? 

It is against the rules to abuse vacation, iirc a few people have been poked for it but it's been a long while.  It was mainly a problem with people submarining til right before the turbo reset. 
In this case it was only like a day or two, but yeah please don't do that. 

I am mulling putting back in the anti-clan-jumping code.
It is rather dirty, you gotta admit that.  Hard to pretend you have the highground what that sort of tactic. 
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Briar

Quote from: windhound on February 28, 2018, 08:24:57 AM
Well they didn't try a landlock, I guess for noble reasons? 

We were established as a clan for the People.  Landlocking would have been against our theme.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Firetooth

Trash talk from someone whose team keeps abusing game features but still consistently underperform is amusing.

Also, we weren't running at that high intensity at the start + had a team of essentially three with GC also sometimes running. Plus the design of this set favours solo leaders for sure, even with no market.

Firetooth

So I'm thinking of quitting my job to emulate your guy's ability to camp online all day when you see someone running. Do you actually have anything else going on to entertain you besides e-rats? ::)

Gen. Volkov

QuoteWhat did you guys do for a whole month? As far as we're concerned you should be on 100b nw and 1m land. Pathetic scattered lot of you couldn't even pull ahead when we handed you the set. As soon as we started using turns to destroy networth, volk panicked and bombed a 9 billion NW lead. Since then he's frantically pmed several people on the forums, probably even logged into the ol' AOL instant messenger to recruit fellow brown nosers to take up arms against us evil-doers. It's been quite entertaining.

Not as entertaining as watching you guys blow 2 trillion cash on a failed lock attempt, and then run around like headless chickens afterwards trying to find ways to beat us. As you well know, aside from Disl catching Capitan on low leaders, most of the net we had built went in to destroying the net you guys generated with your cash. Thanks to the spies I was continuously able to get on you guys, I know that your cloaked Fox had close to 4 bil NW on him at one point, but then I'm sure you already knew that. Anyway, we killed all that net, so I hardly "blew a 9 bil NW lead" (that I never had in the first place). I built the clan to defeat landlocks, and that's what we did. Perhaps we could have been more efficient about it, but eh.

As for the people who've joined... I haven't PMed anyone on these forums in months, probably years. Not sure how two people joining is me "frantically" doing anything anyway, I barely had to lift a finger. Like I said, people don't like you guys.

Firetooth

Team Sevz entire strategy = sit at your computer and wait for somebody to online.

Sevah

I'm enjoying the challenge. You guys are playing great and we've played poorly. One word to use is impressive.
Saying that, I don't have an ego to respond to the accusations. I have an issue with the clan hopping and encourage windy to make a lock in mode to avoid it.
RLA is a strong team and doing all the right things. Don't drop the ball. Our communication failed us. We'll see how it looks in a few days but dang you guys are kicking us all over for now.
I sent a request to join RLA last month and never got a response. Why?
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.