The Redwall Liberation Army

Started by Gen. Volkov, January 06, 2018, 05:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

For too long have the proletariat of Redwall suffered under the arbitrary and fascistic rule of warlords and would-be emperors. The dialectic of history demands that all oppressors of the workers, and their running dogs, must eventually be thrown on the ash heap of history. The Redwall Liberation Army is here to free the workers and take back the means of production. No more shall a few profit from the labors of the many! The old order shall be overthrown, and a new Worker's Paradise shall be created in its place. Join the Revolution comrades! Vive La Revolucion!
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sevah

Nice clan you've got going there Voklov, I'm genuinely impressed that you've got some friends.
The great news is that your team will go without resistance for another 3-4 more weeks. The old el reliable Wolf Snare has gone inactive so the land production is running slower than expected.

I notice a few extra players have signed up? Excellent news. The more the merrier.
Whoever is running solo, please message me ingame when you're due to run turns and I'll make land available. It's going to be interesting to see what happens this peaceful month.

Can Team Voklov raise an emperor?
And will it be enough to foil the tyrants when February hits?

Lots of questions about this action packed round. How many more players will join this land frenzy? Are we going to see a wildcard team enter the competition and surprise us?
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Firetooth

Quote from: Sevah on January 08, 2018, 03:31:44 AM
Nice clan you've got going there Voklov, I'm genuinely impressed that you've got some friends.
The great news is that your team will go without resistance for another 3-4 more weeks. The old el reliable Wolf Snare has gone inactive so the land production is running slower than expected.

I notice a few extra players have signed up? Excellent news. The more the merrier.
Whoever is running solo, please message me ingame when you're due to run turns and I'll make land available. It's going to be interesting to see what happens this peaceful month.

Can Team Voklov raise an emperor?
And will it be enough to foil the tyrants when February hits?

Lots of questions about this action packed round. How many more players will join this land frenzy? Are we going to see a wildcard team enter the competition and surprise us?
Fake news.

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on January 06, 2018, 05:51:43 PM
For too long have the proletariat of Redwall suffered under the arbitrary and fascistic rule of warlords and would-be emperors. The dialectic of history demands that all oppressors of the workers, and their running dogs, must eventually be thrown on the ash heap of history. The Redwall Liberation Army is here to free the workers and take back the means of production. No more shall a few profit from the labors of the many! The old order shall be overthrown, and a new Worker's Paradise shall be created in its place. Join the Revolution comrades! Vive La Revolucion!
The words of a genius...and a mentally stable genius at that!
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shoot

Quote from: Firetooth on January 10, 2018, 01:59:12 PM
The words of a genius...and a mentally stable genius at that!

Like, really smart.

Wolf Snare

It seems the RLA are actually clogging up the land and ranks! Fascist pigs!

You're a phoney! A great big phoney!
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

QuoteIt seems the RLA are actually clogging up the land and ranks! Fascist pigs!

Do not listen to the lies of capitalist running dogs comrades! They are just trying to divide us, to keep us from achieving our glorious Worker's Paradise! Vive La Revolucion!

You're a phoney! A great big phoney!

LOL.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Juska

I miss Peace Alliance.

Wish he'd start a clan, might join that one.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Gen. Volkov

Shadow

Except that he pays the bills, so..
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

Oh right, all hail Ollie then I guess.

Disl

I want to say it is commendable that RLA has not tried to lockdown the land influx even though they had many opportunities to do so and for that I am grateful.

But a bit of criticism: Seems silly to have a 5-member clan in a server of 15 active players, one of which is Land Farm. Even more ridiculous this 1/3 of the server has unlimited Foreign Aid to bypass troop costs and reinforce their clanmates with defense at will. Otherwise the clan does not seem belligerent in their play-style which I respect.

I hope to grow my empire without total war and fighting over land monopolies the next 2 months. I cannot speak the same for the other scouters. Good luck you all either way!

Shadow

There is no unlimited aid. Clanmates can only send to people less than 5x their own networth.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

Clanned do get unlimited aid credits, unclanned get 5

Gotta have some benefits to joining a clan tho, the war status is a pretty big negative. 
Though not so bad without a major rival (I see you 'None' :P)
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI want to say it is commendable that RLA has not tried to lockdown the land influx even though they had many opportunities to do so and for that I am grateful.

Well, thank you. We wanted to differentiate ourselves from most clans (and you guys last round) by deliberately not trying to hold the land. It also would have made the clans growth slower by limiting the land access for the indies. With the sporadic nature of our runs, achieving 5 bil NW in just under 4 weeks would have been a lot more difficult if we had been locking land too. As is, the massive amount of troops we've generated should keep land flowing nicely for the rest of the round, no matter what Sevz tries.

QuoteBut a bit of criticism: Seems silly to have a 5-member clan in a server of 15 active players, one of which is Land Farm. Even more ridiculous this 1/3 of the server has unlimited Foreign Aid to bypass troop costs and reinforce their clanmates with defense at will. Otherwise the clan does not seem belligerent in their play-style which I respect.

Well, it's actually a better proportion than you guys last round, when you had 3, and eventually 4 people working together in a server of about 7 total players. That said, the 5th member was actually a bit of an accident, someone clicked the wrong button when the clan was being put together, and I decided he could stay because having a third troop holder was actually really useful. When I was initially putting it together, I had only invited 3 other people to make the clan with me.

QuoteI hope to grow my empire without total war and fighting over land monopolies the next 2 months. I cannot speak the same for the other scouters. Good luck you all either way!

I'm sure Sevz and probably Snare will try to give me a fight, but I'm kinda disappointed I won't get a chance to test the clan against you three. You made a pretty formidable team last round. If we sack you a whole bunch will you try to lock land again? :p Anyway, good luck man.

Disl

Quote from: windhound on January 27, 2018, 09:12:50 AM
Gotta have some benefits to joining a clan tho, the war status is a pretty big negative. 
Though not so bad without a major rival (I see you 'None' :P)
I failed to mention indy is virtually unplayable without unlimited FA credits due to troop costs imploding the empire sooner or later. Perhaps all non-leader races have unlimited FA but leader races only get 5 credits? Leader(magic) is incredibly overpowered as is. They can still be FA spammed for defense/holding, but they themselves cannot aid everything out with 5 credits, so they take a larger loss if they want to run by using mercenaries to sell (exactly like it was last round). Also indy can FA spam to other non-leader players as usual but without the leader safeguard of being impregnable unless another leader decides to do a takedown. It is not problem this round at this moment, but most locks are achieved in these games with unlimited aid credits. The war slot is a penalty assuming 5 other members step up to fight as the war slot goes both ways. Otherwise they are more like suicide empires throwing away their set by merely slowing down 5 empires with their 550 turns vs 2750 turns every ~2 days in this scenario.

Quote from: Shadow on January 27, 2018, 12:13:02 AM
There is no unlimited aid. Clanmates can only send to people less than 5x their own networth.
Last round clanmates did not have unlimited credits very true, we played with 5 credits (or 6 with :59 minute turnover). During the final week we discovered that clans set to "ally" gave unlimited credits.

QuoteIf we sack you a whole bunch will you try to lock land again?
I will personally treat sacks as a declaration of war.