Networth aid limits

Started by Gen. Volkov, January 16, 2018, 06:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

Wondy or Shads, just curious on what the current limits are on NW for aids between clan members? I thought clan members could aid to someone who was up to 10X bigger than them, but it seems more like 5X bigger is the current limit. Did that get changed for RTR and not changed back? Or has it always been that way and I'm just remembering incorrectly?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juska

Windy just changes the code on whims sometimes, forget everything you thought you knew. It's all lies now.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

windhound

Lies Juska, I aint changed nothin'.  That requires ~effort~
(also hi!)

Volky, code says it should be 5x, and it should give you a warning message that says so.
We're running pre-RTR reg code, afaik it's been like this a long while -- aid.php was last edited 4/30/2012

if (($enemy[networth] > $users[networth] * 3) && ($users[disabled] != 2) && ((($users[clan] != $enemy[clan]) && ($users[clan] != 0)) || ($users[clan] == 0)))
            TheEnd("That $cterms[warlord] is far too large to require your aid! $cterms[warlord]s must be less than three times your networth.");
        if (($enemy[networth] > $users[networth] * 5) && ($users[clan] == $enemy[clan]) && ($users[clan] != 0))
            TheEnd("That $cterms[warlord] is far too large to require your aid! $cterms[warlord]s in your clan must be less than five times your networth.");
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Ok, I must just be remembering incorrectly, thanks wondy.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sevah

Last round it was 3x your size and you couldn't send aid.
Strange that it's now 5x if there was no changes?

To be honest I liked it that way. It forced me to be smart about aid and use it to defend eachother instead of simple spamming networth upward. Needed to play smart to avoid expensive runs.

Scouting has been a bit slower than I expected so I'll go for an extra week. The clan looks terrible I was expecting you guys to be way bigger with no resistance and abundant acres to produce with.

It'll be fun when I rip out my sword for battle. Don't get too comfortable cos the tyranny hasn't begun yet.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Gen. Volkov

Its 3X for unclanned players, 5X for clanned players. Being in a clan has certain advantages, that's one of them. You guys were all unclanned, that's why it was 3X for you.

As for the rest... eh, we'll see.

Sevah

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on January 25, 2018, 06:25:55 PM
Its 3X for unclanned players, 5X for clanned players. Being in a clan has certain advantages, that's one of them. You guys were all unclanned, that's why it was 3X for you.

As for the rest... eh, we'll see.
I made a clan last round and had Octavia in there with me.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Gen. Volkov

Well, then you had a 5X aid limit while in the clan.

Firetooth

I'm running maybe twice a week at the moment, same for Sean. Super busy and making no effort to lock and hold the land, or could easily be on double what we are ATM, fyi
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Juska

Apparently I found (and still find) my last visit to these boards far more humorous than my contemporaries.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19