Rule Change: Vacation

Started by windhound, March 19, 2018, 09:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

Hey all, there was some discussion in the other tread about vacation, it's abuse, etc.

So we're going to simplify the rules:
If you want to use vacation mode go for it.
But we're going to disable vacation mode and kick everyone out 10 days before the reset.

The subjective "were they really on vacation" is impossible to enforce.
And it's a nice enough feature, esp with 3mo long rounds where a lot of people will legitimately have periods they cannot play.

The 10-day before reset kick means everything is out in the open for a few runs so people can't use vacation to protect net right up til the reset.
The idle-out vacation function will also be disabled for the last 10 days.

A note that if you have > the average land in the top 10 and go into vacation mode you will lose 0.1% of it to the landfarm per turn cycle, till you reach average land.
This does take into account 'real' networth for the top ten calc, so foxes with cloaks are treated as normal and you cannot pull land out of the calc that way.

Comments/questions/concerns are welcome.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Firetooth

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

windhound

Appreciate it Firefight.

The above is now implemented, as we're <10 days out. 
As an unintended consequence the server now looks like it's got a bunch more 'active' players, heh.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't