Next Round

Started by windhound, March 20, 2018, 06:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

I'm assuming you guys want the market back.

Just want a standard round?
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

Not that I participated very directly but it seems a lot more warlordy without it. I kind of like the idea of just getting rid of it ^_^.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

I am for getting rid of it entirely.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

Keep it, but just for troops. The main problem is it's just a food store, butI feel it's quite important for solo indy
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Graceclaw

How about a round with a public market, but no mercs?

I feel like that would mess with a lot of playstyles/strategies and make people reconsider their approaches, and would also give troop production more value.

But maybe I'm wrong. I think it would be fun, though.

Sevah

We need an emperor. Also make it so you can store less food on the market since firetooth complained.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Sharptooh

I think unfortunately with such a small player base, the market is probably just going to be abused. Best not to bring it back in my opinion.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteHow about a round with a public market, but no mercs?

I feel like that would mess with a lot of playstyles/strategies and make people reconsider their approaches, and would also give troop production more value.

But maybe I'm wrong. I think it would be fun, though.

We've had a couple no mercs rounds, actually. Don't know if the playerbase is currently large enough to support a no mercs round though.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

windhound

How about the RWL3 market where you're not allowed to pull marketed goods, but can sell to mercs whenever you'd like? 
Shouldn't be too hard to copy over. 

If you guys want an emp round I can do that..  figuring out specs will be slightly weird as ideally he'd be unbroken for 2 - 2.5 months, but can probably make that work. 
Emp rounds come with a caveat that the team that breaks him has a great opportunity to lock, but /shrug.  Sometimes they lose it all to another team who were ready to pounce. 
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

Rwl3 market is good too.  Just as long as it's not a storehouse

Sevah

I reckon capping food on the market to sell for $15 each makes a huge difference. And only store half the amount. Markets should be used by all players.

No mercs is a bad idea because half the races rely on it to break my defense.

An emperor would be great fun. The race to badger was possibly the best round ever.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

windhound

Quote from: Sevah on March 23, 2018, 09:27:49 PM
An emperor would be great fun. The race to badger was possibly the best round ever.

Appreciate that Sevz, a fair amount of effort went into that round, and while not everything worked I'm glad most seemed to have fun. 

Anyone else thoughts on an emp round?  (standard emp, not badger)

With the market, how about simply setting the price people can sell at or slightly below normal Merc rates? 
At 20% cheaper than standard Mercs that's a cheaper source of troops than most race bonuses give (though prob. not with camps) while still being significantly more cash than you'd get selling to Mercs. 
Noone can store stuff via the market if it's being continually bought out 'cause it's cheaper than mercs, but mercs would be there if there aren't enough troops on the market. 
Prob set food at closer to 10/ea to discourage storage. 

Shadow

Yea, that's a fine idea too. 3.0 market might be less work since it's coded already, but either way is good.

Gen. Volkov

I'm fine with that as well. Just don't want the market to be abuseable.

Wolf Snare

I believe it was still quite abusable unless it's the revised market that only lists the cheapest of each troop type. When we started 3.0, I think the public market listed every market entry in a long list, where allies could simply purchase supplies from clan mates to get around the "no pulling marketed goods" policy.

To avoid abuse, make sure the market anonymously lists only the cheapest available for each unit. This will encourage competitive pricing, allow solo indies to flourish, and prevent potential abuse by clan mates.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)