Next Round

Started by windhound, March 20, 2018, 06:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

^I actually like that idea.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

That's how the 3.0 market works, yes
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on March 25, 2018, 12:02:15 PM
That's how the 3.0 market works, yes
Oh lol, it's been so long since I played 3.0 I don't even remember. Still a good idea and if that's already coded and ready to go that gets my vote.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sevz

Emperors. Can you make one every month?easy medium and extreme. I want to kill them.
Also you need to bring back the market its gone again.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

windhound

Yeah, sorry, been busy. 
Leaky roof repair and car appears to have eaten the #4 exhaust valve's seat, in the same weekend. 

Anyways.
Started poking the RWL3 market last night. 
I didn't write it so I had to go through and see how it works; a few extra db fields and functions that got thrown in funcs, fairly straight forward except for a weird ajax part I might rewrite. 

Should have it working tonight, after I drop the bug's engine and pull the heads. 
Will consider an emp as well.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Firetooth

Thanks Windy! I also think an emp would be a cool idea

windhound

RWL3 market has been ported to Reg, lemme know if you notice any irregularities. 
I turned on anon mode and summary, can always flip it back to where you can see who's listing what, and selective buying, but I do like the anon version. 

The only thing I changed was that RWL3 apparently had brutally low merc prices, 16% of default value. 
I brought it back in line with Reg's current 32% 

I'll look at setting up an emp later
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

Haha I was pretty proud of that Ajax stuff when I wrote it

Shadow

the ajax part of the market is broken atm. It's supposed to update the available amount when you change the price you are willing to pay, but currently changing the price pauses for a second and then takes you back to the landing page and breaks the landing page layout

windhound

...that would be because I forgot it, lol
Interesting failure mode though

Fix'd, and appears to be working, thanks Shads

Shadow

Yea, that seems like a pretty spectacular and very specific way to screw up.

Anyway, looks good now!