Modification: Clans

Started by windhound, March 22, 2018, 08:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

A notice that I've closed a loophole in the way clans work that's been heavily (ab)used this round. 

Normally once you join a clan you can't do anything for 72hrs. 
If you create a clan you can't disband it for 72hrs.
When you join a clan you can't leave or be kicked for 72hrs. 

But if the clan leader was in a clan for 72hrs he could disband, regardless how long players were in the clan. 
This meant that a player could join a 72hr old clan, make a run, attack other clanned players, receive unlimited aid packets at a higher cap, and then be immediately booted via a disbanded clan.   
Clan leader could then immediately remake and start the cycle over. 
And due to a certain glitch involving a unicode character the same clan name could be reused, making it basically seamless.

This is clearly against the spirit of the game and is currently being used very effectively. 

I have closed this loophole. 
The first point is still the same, if you create a clan you may disband it 72hrs later. 
However, the moment someone joins you cannot disband the clan for 72hrs.  And you still may not remove someone for 72hrs. 
This is currently cumulative, if 5 players join you will be prevented from disbanding for 360 hours (15 days). 
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Firetooth

Thank you! About time this "strategy" was finally closed as an option.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.