Hey everyone

Started by DavetheJags, April 01, 2018, 01:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavetheJags

Seems like forever since I've been on here... had to make a new account and everything since I couldn't remember my password to my last one.

Who's still around that might remember me?

Wolf Snare

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

DavetheJags

I signed up for for regular I believe it is. Is that the only one going now?

Briar

Yup. We didn't have enough activity to justify two anymore.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Fangtang

The past, I have, but find the answer alone about this. This has been known.

calria

Quote from: Briar on April 09, 2018, 10:16:53 AM
Yup. We didn't have enough activity to justify two anymore.

So sad. Wasn't the height of activity around 200 people or something egregious like that?

austfit

Yeah, it was pretty amazing. Wish we had that again! It's such a good community and good book series. But since there aren't any new books anymore and this game doesn't work on phones very well it doesn't have the best future. I wonder if we could make this mobile friendly? Or is it? I never try to log on except on a computer.

Krowdon

It works on mobile but I don't like to use it because you gotta zoom
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

windhound

I'm not really sure what a mobile interface for a promi would look like.. 
There's a bunch of links that are fairly essential to gameplay, if you make everything big you're just doing a bunch of scrolling as opposed to zooming. 

When Peace made RWL3's theme he used a layered menu system that worked alright, but I think it'd still be a bit much for a small phone screen. 
If someone wants to mock something up I can take a look at implantation, no promises though.   To say I'm rusty at css would be an understatement. 

But yeah, I'm not sure I'd blame Jacques' death for the decrease in players, we're one of the very few original-style promis left..  QMT is dead, Valhall is dead, the game has a lot more competition than it did when it launched over 17 years ago -- and there are frankly better options out there. 
The ROC crumbled as most small communities did..  the internet is a different place now, basically noone spins up their own site anymore much less webforums.  There's a handful of ROC people over at reddit.com/r/eulalia 
Seems like most stuff consolidated into Facebook, Reddit, etc and people don't search and venture out as much, /shrug. 
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Krowdon

I post about RWL on my tumblr blog all the time and no one has taken to it yet.

Although maybe if I suggested there was an element of role playing/in character that would encourage people. Because while not EVERYONE role plays, like, you can. I would write in character messages.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Wolf Snare

I've been running successfully on mobile for years it just takes patience. Online wars are tricky as well lol
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Sevz

Quote from: Krowdon on October 13, 2018, 12:14:00 AM
Because while not EVERYONE role plays, like, you can. I would write in character messages.

I like to be the bad guy.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.