Regular Awards

Started by Firetooth, April 01, 2018, 04:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

You guys know the deal, here are the turbo awards for the round just concluded. Fill your own nominations!

Best player: Difficult in a round full of vets. Windy for how skillfully he dodged conflict and amassed huge amounts of net
Worst player: Most people were pretty competent, so going to leave blank
Best indy: depends how you measure. I thought all of RLA's Indies were more effective at net production than team Sevz, but that Caesar and HPR were more effective at net destruction. Sharp was pretty consistently effective though
Worst indy: Neverdull didn't seem to do much
Best leader: Windy or Sevz
Worst leader: Unsure of this one again
Best newcomer: Graceclaw came a long way from the start of the round, shout out to hin
Most disappointing: HPR for never logging off/the clan hopping
Best clan: RLA
Best solo player: Windy
Most surprising: that vaca abuse was finally properly fixed
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

Best player: Windy or Ryu/Disl, both were very good at what they did.
Worst player: No one really jumps out at me as terrible, though Snare did seem to take awhile to find his groove.
Best Indy: Firetooth, he generated a bil rats in one run early in the round.
Worst indy: Neverdull
Best leader: Hard to say, a lot of people were switching strats throughout the round. Cloud and myself seemed pretty consistent though.
Worst leader: I dunno, one of the noobs?
Best newcomer: Graceclaw, once he finally started listening to the advice we were giving him. Lol.
Most disappointing: The camping/onlining etc.
Best clan: RLA by default, I think? Only one that existed throughout the round.
Best solo player: Windy, for his expert level diplomacy. Lol.
Most surprising: cloud dropping in out of nowhere.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wolf Snare

Best Player: Shoot, for his leadership and strategies that ensured us the win.
Worst player: Everdull, for her lack of strategy overall and Quite rude in game  prompts.
Best indy: Ryu, for managing to produce 1.2bil NW on average per run, after destroying 600mil of the other teams'
Worst indy: Neverdulls land massing strategy.
Best leader: windhounds. Crazy diplomacy as well. Cloud was a contender, as he came in and produced so many resources that I doubt we would have stayed in competition without him.
Worst leader: Myself at the beginning of the round, for casting without food.
Best newcomer: Graceclaw
Most disappointing: RLA desperately resorting to failed kill runs
Best clan: RLA by default
Best solo player: Windy
Most surprising: Sevz lack of coordination. He came through in the end but was a pain in the [Behind] all round. I was also surprised to see RLA not come out on top in the end. The sheer amount of turns available to them all round wasn't utilized in the final moments.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)