Kill runs? Seriously?

Started by Gen. Volkov, April 04, 2018, 11:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

So much for a more peaceful round I guess. Was checking the scores today and saw someone had killed Landfarm(Jr.) I would really like to know who the heck did this, and why. Its like 4 days into the round. That was clearly a passive player, 0 attacks, just seems to be making land, which benefits the whole game. This is not cool. I'm glad they remade, but what if they had been a new player and just given up? This is why the game is dying guys.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

Neither is in a clan.  It was deliberate.  I suspect they can generate more land that way since they restart with 200 turns.

More code abuse, I guess. Narrows down the identities involved, anyway.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

Not really Shads, the killed wasn't a willing participant :P

Looks like they spent ~60 attacks to do it, not including open attack op.
What a waste of turns.

I donno, maybe Land Farm (Senior) [now Carried by Vacation] was pissed I let Land Farm (Jr.) keep their name (as they're passive this round) and not his?
I requested both change their name to avoid any confusion, but if someone really wants to play passive /shrug.

For grins, maybe instead of blocking the use of the name going forward I'll put in a code snip that if you're named any variation of Land Farm you're not allowed to attack.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

Oh, didn't see the open ops. Very strange. 

I like the no attack idea
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Wolf Snare

Lmao there was no code abuse attempted. I apologize for the kill. Sevz msged me to finish a kill quickly so I didn't ask questions until after.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Sevz

Teach the little scout a hard lesson about reserving turns if he's sitting low. They went afk for 15minutes tops. Rotflmfao
Seen them on100acres. Took an espy for 2turns and hit down to 25acres.
Its hilarious get a sense of humor. Happy birthday Sevz
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Firetooth

So it's taken a whole of four days for the round to degenerate, nice going...
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteTeach the little scout a hard lesson about reserving turns if he's sitting low. They went afk for 15minutes tops. Rotflmfao
Seen them on100acres. Took an espy for 2turns and hit down to 25acres.
Its hilarious get a sense of humor. Happy birthday Sevz

Wow man, seriously, not cool. What if they had quit because of you? The game is small enough as it is, can we really afford to drive away potential new players? Maybe next time, instead of killing them, send a message about keeping their land higher?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Wolf Snare

Who was it then? I assumed it was a bot that windy had coded in this round. We had positive feedback and an increase in active players when we sacrificed 1/3rd of our turns last set to creating land. As stated I didn't mean to kill a new player. I actually send aid to newbs I notice. Hell I sent some of your backup members aid as they attempted to come to your rescue last round, Volkov.

I admit sevz humour is a tad extreme, but don't lose any more sleep over this incident. God knows you need to catch up on rest from the last half of March. ;)
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

QuoteWho was it then? I assumed it was a bot that windy had coded in this round. We had positive feedback and an increase in active players when we sacrificed 1/3rd of our turns last set to creating land. As stated I didn't mean to kill a new player. I actually send aid to newbs I notice. Hell I sent some of your backup members aid as they attempted to come to your rescue last round, Volkov.

I admit sevz humour is a tad extreme, but don't lose any more sleep over this incident. God knows you need to catch up on rest from the last half of March.

They don't want to say who they are, but the fact that I am in communication with them says they are not a bot, which given their activity pattern should have been obvious. Just try not to kill anyone else for giggles, and I'll leave it alone. As for my sleep, dunno what you're talking about, you guys were the ones who were up to all hours that last half of March, I slept pretty well to be honest.

Gen. Volkov

Wow, you guys sure are bloodthirsty this round. Looks like you bit off more than you could chew with This is What a Fox Says though. I don't understand this sudden kill fest. Leftover frustration from the previous round?

Graceclaw

Shoot

Maybe they shouldn't have tried to sully N​one's good name by adding an unnecessary underscore (which was later changed to a period)  :P

Firetooth

I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Firetooth

Quote from: Firetooth on April 10, 2018, 04:08:46 PM
Pretty feeble stuff.  ???
I repeat. Why on earth are you guys wasting multiple runs to kill a team indy that can bounce back in a run? It's like you literally just enjoy being disliked and the atmosphere in-game utterly toxic. It's not like there was anything to initiate this conflict even. Just straight out the bat camping online when you know nobody else will be online and running kill runs....