Kill runs? Seriously?

Started by Gen. Volkov, April 04, 2018, 11:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

You are a vermin warlord, with one purpose: to conquer all!
::) :o :D ;)
Warlords killing warlords sounds incredibly toxic. Bwuahaha
Sure an Indy can bounce back in a single run but I kill for fun. They were using unlimited aid and no defense while the rest of the server is unclanned. It was a public service when ya think about it.
Being in a clan is low risk high reward.
The alternative was to waste multiple runs breaking volkov and all his free troops?

You can get revenge, you can be a sore loser or you can adapt.
On a side note, why do you always cry about it?
I'm over here kicking puppies while you're over there licking windows and watching in horror.

Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Firetooth

How is being clanned "low risk?" Sure you can produce tonnes but it opens you up completely to takedowns and kills.

And also, plenty of people don't have as much time for this game as you, disl and snare seem to. Conflict out of the gate is v time consuming. And how can you compete when the opposition runs guerilla tactics and runs kill runs outside your time zone? It'd be worth the hassle if it was clan v clan, but you guys don't have it in you to put anything on the line like that.

Last round, all I wanted was a somewhat fair fight, and you guys abused every mechanic and unfair advantage to get an edge. It's tiring to play against. And straight out of the gate you want to relive last rounds conflict. I miss the days when diplomacy was actually important, and it wasn't just the same teams doing the same things over and over like a groundhog Day scenario.

Also, I am neutral in game for the record. But this has really irritated me because it's so classless.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shoot

"Diplomacy"... you mean like:

-Receive unprovoked sacks
-Message clan leader to try to resolve things, receive bs excuses
-Sacks increase
-More messages
-Even more sacks
-Realize talk is going to be useless and go to battle
-Opposition wonders why we didn't give them the courtesy of fighting them the way they wanted us to after forcing us to waste our time fighting them ::)

We were fine peacefully netting and you guys forced us into war last set. It seems you guys don't like the favor being returned.

Briar

Ahem...See my signature below.

Sacks are not an act of war around here.

And to quote our patron Author Brian Jacques: "There is no greater evil than killing. I don't care if they call it war or justice. Life is precious."
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Gen. Volkov

A) Not what happened. There was never a genuine effort from your side to actually talk things out. We didn't "force you into a war", you already wanted it, probably because you realized there was no way you were going to win the set if you let us going on building net the way we were. I don't have the message logs anymore, because new round, but at least half the messages I sent Disl/Ryu went unanswered, including the ones where I directly offered to pay back whatever had been sacked off you guys. I tried a bunch of times to defuse the situation, and was ignored every time, the only messages I got from you guys were long screeds complaining about sacks, and literally no answer to any of what I proposed to resolve it, until I finally got fed up with the BS and called Disl/Ryu out on it. So no, we didn't force you guys into jack squat, and as for how you fought the war, well if you want to abuse every aspect of the game code right up to the very limit of the rules, that's no skin off my nose, but that doesn't mean we aren't going to call you out on it, and its going to put you under more scrutiny from the admins than if you played more within the rules.
B) As for this round, how do you even know its "us guys" that you are even killing?
C) Sacks are pretty far freaking cry from kills.
D) Generally speaking here at RWL, the way it works is that whatever happened last round is in the past. New round, clean slate, no grudges held. Maybe you don't know that because you are new to RWL, but that's how its, ideally, supposed to work. So if you guys are doing these kills over some grudge held-over from the last set, cut that crap out. None of the people who have died this set have done a thing to any of you. One was a passive player, literally zero attacks! To be honest I appreciate Sevz's honesty more than this weaselly excuse for your behavior this round. Sevz may be a jerk, but at least he's an honest jerk.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sevz

FYI. Shoot hasn't been involved in the kills at all. Volkov you owe the man an apology.

I'm not too bothered about killing for now cos the emperor.

Volk n Sharpy is the only exception.
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Wolf Snare

The kill was a direct result of onlining me halfway through a run. I hope it was worth starting over.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Sharptooh

Quote from: Sevz on April 13, 2018, 10:36:58 PM

Can you please explain why? I'm not trying to be confrontational, I'm just genuinely curious about what I've done to deserve this status in your eyes.

Firetooth

Quote from: Wolf Snare on April 14, 2018, 06:44:24 AM
The kill was a direct result of onlining me halfway through a run. I hope it was worth starting over.
Maybe my memory is wrong here as none of this directly concerns me, but didn't you kill Volkov first?  ??? ??? ???

I repeat again: feeble stuff and feebler still are the excuses. This crap is why most people do not invest the time and effort into this site anymore.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sharptooh

Quote from: Firetooth on April 14, 2018, 08:46:17 AM
Quote from: Wolf Snare on April 14, 2018, 06:44:24 AM
Maybe my memory is wrong here as none of this directly concerns me, but didn't you kill Volkov first?  ??? ??? ???

I repeat again: feeble stuff and feebler still are the excuses. This crap is why most people do not invest the time and effort into this site anymore.

I hadn't bothered addressing this as to me, there doesn't seem to be much point attempting diplomacy anymore.

Yes, the onlining and standards were retaliation for your failed kill run on Volk. Which, as far as I'm concerned, was completely unprovoked.

From my perspective, you fired the first rounds here.

Onlining is a dirty tactic, but you made extensive use of it last round, multiple times and indiscriminately. Even when we tried to be diplomatic about it (I would happily have come to an agreement where we didn't sack and you didn't online) you just rebuffed any attempts made are diplomacy.

Volk is right though, we should leave last round in the past. Maybe we can actually discuss this diplomatically and come to some kind of arrangement where we're not killing and onlining one another?

Gen. Volkov

Quote from: SevzFYI. Shoot hasn't been involved in the kills at all. Volkov you owe the man an apology.

His reply made it sound as if he was involved in some way. Don't see how I owe him an apology for making a pretty obvious inference.

QuoteThe kill was a direct result of onlining me halfway through a run. I hope it was worth starting over.

Since the cat seems to be out of the bag regarding who I am, what's the excuse for the failed kill on me then?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Death

Shoot is an evil doot man. I heard he catfishes other players then blackmails them into sending him all their money.

Wolf Snare

How else would you explain the 6 BILLION NW LAST ROUND :o

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Sevz

Quote from: Sharptooh on April 14, 2018, 08:44:45 AM
Quote from: Sevz on April 13, 2018, 10:36:58 PM

Can you please explain why? I'm not trying to be confrontational, I'm just genuinely curious about what I've done to deserve this status in your eyes.

I was just joking Sharpy. You've never liked me so its fun to poke at you for my own reasons. I remember a few years ago when I wanted to end the grudge. I begged you to fight me one on one so I could show you how good I am at this game and gain your respect on the battlefield.
You don't have to like me but one reason you deserve to occasionally die? is all the immortalized forums that I won and you insulted my victories. At least 20 of my wins you jumped on the immortal forums and tried saying I didn't deserve to finish in first place yada yada. I worked hard and played it smart to earn those wins. Created very technical complicated strategies. Degrading my accomplishments and saying I'm a poor player when the truth is you were being a sore loser.
I don't expect a hater to say sorry or form new opinions but since you asked politely I'll take the time to explain on an intellectual level.

The way you've disrespected me over the years is mostly unfair from my eyes. You haven't given credit when credit is due so I honestly don't value your opinions. However, I do understand them and where they come from. All you ever had to do was say nice win and I would have started being very respectful towards you. I could have changed our circumstances.
We haven't been on a team for you to see how effectively I play and I haven't done anything to make you like me. I've given you reasons to hate me and I'm happy to admit it. Our rivalry is mostly my fault.

The difference is that my grudge is roleplay. If you ever wanted to be on the same team I'd absolutely make sure you win the round, Id let see the magic behind the curtains.
I could show you plenty of reasons to respect me as a player but until I do I don't blame you for your stance on the other side of the fence.

To me its all fun and games. This whole round I stayed in a clan and didn't build a city. If you killed me I would have laughed in real life but over the internet shown total rage and acted like this is an epic war.

Sharptooh

Right, it's confusing because you say you're joking when you dislike me, then proceed to list the number of reasons you dislike me.

It's hard to tell jokes over the medium of text at the best of times, but I feel even more confused right now.

In terms of previous immorts etc. I forget the precise details regarding them all (and you do have to remember, in most of them I was probably a teenager). If you played using what I would consider dirty tactics, like last round for example, I think I'd probably have called you out on them. That said, there have definitely been times when you've won cleanly and deserve appreciation, so if in those instances I've insulted you, I do apologise.

I'll of course admit that you're a skilled player Sevah, more so than me I expect (I think most of the active players at the moment are probably better than me), but there is more to this game than skill in terms of net generation/destruction per turn.

You complain that we've been hassling you all round and making it harder for you to break the emp? Well, if you'd been more diplomatic and not killed two of us (with a third attempted kill) early in the round, completely unprovoked, then things might be different. Strategy also comes into play. Personally I don't think your strategy of leader attacking the emp is going to work, and I'd be very surprised if come the immort, the emp doesn't have (by far) the highest leader count.