Kill runs? Seriously?

Started by Gen. Volkov, April 04, 2018, 11:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

We weren't expecting the emperor to have this many leaders. We've killed 1.7billion networth of leaders.
I'm hoping that there's only 289m net left to kill. It means real close.

Like I said. At the start of the round I was killing for fun. Starting a big war because there was no theme.
As soon as the emperor was created I was hoping we could all come together as a community. We usually have two teams that don't sabotage each other and race for the takedown. It would have been awesome to all unite.

Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Gen. Volkov

I think it's kinda funny that you continuously  underestimate windy's knowledge of the game code. Of course the emp has a butt-ton of leaders. Windy knows all about how leader takedowns work, he has direct access to the code that governs them for Pete's sake. The emp is supposed to be broken with troops, so windy made it impossible to break with leaders.

As for the community coming together, that's something you actually have to work at, you can't just create a bunch of bad blood between players and then say "Ok time to work together now". Maybe you think because that's how it worked in RTR, that's how it would work this time, but what you don't know us all the behind the scenes negotiations that went on to get wolf bite and I to call off the war and agree to work toget her to break the badger emp instead. None of that happened here, so of course the players who you killed earlier in the round are still a tad peeved with you.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

windhound

Yep, historically emps have had an unreasonable amount of leaders because they don't ever run and repair, and an emp open to leader attacks will quickly fall. 
This round you guys had a couple months to suicide, so Lask got a few extra leaders.   
atm Lask has 722 defenses..  That's actually a fairly impressive waste of turns. 

I'd think someone with a decent ratio could get an espi now. 
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't