Seriously?

Started by Wolf Snare, July 26, 2018, 07:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakus

Quote from: windhound on July 27, 2018, 12:27:03 PM
Eh, fine.  Could make a 'killable' flag.
A silent counter that allows you 30 'special' attacks each round.  Murder, Poison, Capture, Sack - each 'bad' special attack counts against it.
Once you use up your allotment for the round you can be killed.
Killing another player instantly subtracts 30, removing the protection.

Those who play nice cannot be killed, those who play dirty can be.

I like this idea. Sadly, there's nothing stopping a guy and 2 clanmates from each doing 29 specials on a certain player. Also, nuking leaders (just as was justifiably done to me) is a perfectly viable way of harming a player and this doesn't increment the counter, since its just normal attacks that reduce land to 1. Basically, "playing dirty" I think encompasses a lot more than what's stated.
meow

Sevz

The thing is. I scouted for a few weeks so there was land worth fighting over.

I've started attacking people and I'm already causing problems for all players.

Everyone needs to kill Punisher.
If I make a clan could you change the rules?

Put a bounty on me. Whoever can get the kill also gets my storage on the market?
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Sevz

With no loopholes or tricks I can attack 100x in 550 turns.

No clan the hitlimit is 21. Sometimes 22.
That means I avoid 80 retaliation attacks.
Can we make a theme next round of unlimited hitlimit?
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Drakus

Quote from: Sevz on July 28, 2018, 06:09:15 AM
Can we make a theme next round of unlimited hitlimit?

Only for emp
meow

el sucio

I never really post, but since this relates to an incident that happened to me I guess I'll speak up. The same person had murdered and poisoned most of my Networth in the beginning of the round to keep me from getting any sort of lead over others but honestly I didn't complain or even get pissed off over it, all I did was send a message saying "someones mad" to which they replied "Didn't want an indy emperor so soon in the game." Whether that means the state of this game changed from years ago or not, the honest truth is that the player base is just too small to limit those certain "bad" actions. If it's in the code and not seen as bug abuse, I don't see why you should complain about it.

Drakus

That was me, and I cant really say it was a good idea. I was just scared that it would end up like last round, but that fear was probably unfounded.

Honestly I didn't know you were new and if I had known I would have most likely laid off.
meow

el sucio

i actually used to play a few years back, can't remember any name that I would go by though :p

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI like this idea. Sadly, there's nothing stopping a guy and 2 clanmates from each doing 29 specials on a certain player. Also, nuking leaders (just as was justifiably done to me) is a perfectly viable way of harming a player and this doesn't increment the counter, since its just normal attacks that reduce land to 1. Basically, "playing dirty" I think encompasses a lot more than what's stated.

Yeah, that would suck, for a run or two, but then they'd be out of special attacks. It would be a lot better than the near constant sacking that most leader players get in the game. As for what was done to you, yeah, you can nuke someone's leaders like that if they annoy you enough, but that's your entire run. I like the special attack counter, actually, I think its a good solution to the problem.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES