how do you indy?

Started by austfit, August 14, 2018, 09:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

austfit

and what does it mean at its most basic level? amassing nw through troop counts and making money from mercs?

Disl

Rat race has a training modifier of 1.25, Northlands location has 1.2 training modifier. So with Rat race you make $7.2 networth for each barrack per turn. The cash and food upkeep gets out of hand quickly so you need a clan mate to aid away all your troops to keep it cheap, usually to a leader player so it doesn't get murdered away.

Typical build is 99% barracks/1% huts. You want some huts for raise defences, to prepare raiders, and use rat:battlefield healers (10% less losses attacking an enemy, no fear losses attacking larger networth empires.) Mission: Leader Attack uses only 2% health. So with some extra loyalty available: 22 leader attacks on land farm plus 9 guerrilla strikes on any enemy empire is possible.

As you can see now, Indy is all about attacking for land  and then building barracks to aid away their production to keep costs low. They are crucial for breaking empires in clan settings. I wouldn't waste my time playing Indy solo. The costs get tremendous and leader player can murder it all away anyways.

Sevz

For solo Indy the lizard is great. Agri/Indy is stronger than Rat pure Indy.
You can build forages instead of barracks since food is networth and zero upkeep.
I build food supplies and then transition into heavy barracks.
Indy settings are 40/10/30/20 but of course you can alternate one line at a time to help stacking the individual troop types.
I prefer to spend a few runs making stoats and storing them on the market. Then a few runs making skiffs and 1 run making weasels before I build the rounded defense.
If you want a strategy guide message me ingame
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.